• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HF mobile radio questions

But Bill, basically your problem was with a crappy remote mic and the service you got (or did not get) as a result of it,not the radio itself. Those remote mics have a big problem with RF feedback. Anyone running the regular MH-31 mic does not have that problem.

I LOVE MY YAESU FT-857 WITH THE STOCK MH-31 MICROPHONE :LOL:

But then that's just ME. ;)

QRN said:
But Bill, basically your problem was with a crappy remote mic and the service you got (or did not get) as a result of it,not the radio itself. Those remote mics have a big problem with RF feedback. Anyone running the regular MH-31 mic does not have that problem.

I LOVE MY YAESU FT-857 WITH THE STOCK MH-31 MICROPHONE :LOL:

But then that's just ME. ;)

You are correct, the reason I bought the remote mic was to make mobile operation easier :(

Highlander, I dont even want to remember the RCI days, to many radios :roll:

dxhound said:
rfoverlord said:
blu i devil said:
KingCobra_CDX882 , are your Icom radios PC programmable?

check here it will probably cover any questions you may have on the ic-7000.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ic7000/message/10158

I had to send my mic out to have mods done to it to open up the frequency response a little more, that info is also here.
I was going to get the 857 but after adding all the accessories to it the price was pretty close to the ic-7000. :D

What accessories are you referring to?
filters and mic board to improve user enhancement

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.