• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hi Everyone

CrazyCouillon

Mar 6, 2023
Hi Everyone.
I am a long-time CB user, originally from South Africa, now living in France.
I trained as an Aircraft Radio Tech and now do private tinkerings on all kinds of radio equipment in my secret underground lab.
I found this forum when looking for information on refitting burned out 2SC1969's with MOSFETs.
Thanks for all the useful information and hilarious exchanges I have seen here.
73!!
Derek 14DH747

Hi Everyone.
I trained as an Aircraft Radio Tech and now do private tinkerings on all kinds of radio equipment in my secret underground lab.
I found this forum when looking for information on refitting burned out 2SC1969's with MOSFETs.
73!!
Derek 14DH747
Welcome!

Reactions: CrazyCouillon
Hi Everyone.
73!!
Derek 14DH747
Welcon Have Fun

Reactions: Enterprise312ok
Welcome, there are lots of cool radios sold in france. Seems like the 11 meter band is pretty active over there.
Hi Enterprise.
Yes it's still a pretty well liked hobby here. Sadly I don't speak French all that well so I mostly have comms with English and German speakers. Luckily there's enough people in Europe that are multilingual.

I've just picked up a cheap Superstar 360, which was marketed in the USA as a Cobra 148GTL-DX. I'm pretty excited to look it over in my radio lab and get it back into top working order.

73 and thanks for the warm welcome!
Derek

Hi Everyone.
73!!
Derek 14DH747
Welcome aboard!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?