• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hi, new here and questions about my equpiment

mykez

Sep 13, 2011
hey, well Ipayed 20 pounds for my setup. But i have no idea how to set it up etc, could someone help me please?

I have an antenna, a Rama sw-006 antenna matcher, and a danita 1240 uk radio, another number on the radio says pr 27/94

What is the antenna matcher for?

Do i need to supply it with power? looks like it has a live or earthing point on.

thanks

mike

Welcome to the forum and the questions are good. Better to know how to connect and work all the equipment before trying to transmit.

Need some more information please.

What type of antenna and what frequency are you wanting to transmit on?

Antenna coupler or tuner as some call it is to match the impedance from the antenna to the radio so the radio has a 50 ohm impedance to transmit into.

So specifically what frequency, what type of antenna?

Last edited:
Thank you for the welcome :)

I have no idea about what frequency, I thought the Cb radio just picked up chancels etc in range or something? the antenna has no serial number or anything on it, its justmounted to a clip that attaches to a gutter rail on the car.

Not much help am I?

I have never looked at anything CB radio related until today, so need to read up about frequences etc.

thank you for that! much help!

The guy i bought this setup off must of gave me the antenna matcher then as the one antenna he gave me can't be 27mhz? am i correct into thinking that?

I could just buy a 27mhz antenna and delete the matcher?

thank you for that! much help!

The guy i bought this setup off must of gave me the antenna matcher then as the one antenna he gave me can't be 27mhz? am i correct into thinking that?

I could just buy a 27mhz antenna and delete the matcher?

Antenna matchers are used to remove imperfections in the state of tune between the radio and the antenna.

If you were to get the right antenna, an antenna matcher wouldn't be necessary.

Is it an antenna matcher - or an SWR meter?

I would get a new antenna if the antenna you have is in questionable repair. The antenna is the MOST important part of your station. Even a lesser quality radio benefits from a better antenna. You shouldn't need to run a matcher under normal operation. Once the antenna is properly tuned for the bandwidth in question, they are usually ready to use.

Last edited:
hi, it says SWR / POWER / FS antenna matcher.

got a knob for SWR Set,load, tune. then 2 swtiches 10w or REF 0.05w and thru or matcher

thanks mate! so much more clearer now.

the only thing i dont know is how does the SWR antenna matcher get power? do i give it a live feed with the screw at the side then earth it with the aerial?

thanks mate! so much more clearer now.

the only thing i dont know is how does the SWR antenna matcher get power? do i give it a live feed with the screw at the side then earth it with the aerial?

It gets power when the antenna coax is plugged into the 'antenna' port of the SWR meter, and the radio is plugged into the 'radio' port of the same meter with a jumper cable, and then the radio transmitter is 'keyed'.

After it is adjusted when switched in 'forward' mode, the meter will measuring the amount of 'reflected' power when switched to 'reflect'. The SWR - or standing wave radio - is the ratio of the amount of power reflected back into the radio as opposed to the amount of power that the antenna is getting. The object is to get the lowest SWR 'reflected' power ratio. TO do this, the antenna length is either made shorter or longer by adjusting it in increments until the lowest SWR can be obtained.

Did you read the link I posted?
Might help to re-read it once again.

EDIT:
BTW - one of the very FIRST things to learn about radio, is to be able to adjust your SWR. Don't be afraid to ask any questions here - or seek help locally to do it the first time. MOST radio operators should be able to adjust it and show you how to do it. FAILURE to do it right may well result in causing the radio to get damaged. It is an important and pivotal first step.

Last edited:
hello, i did read the link given, just taking a while for everything to sink in, god knows why i thought this was simple lol

Well the SWR matcher does need a +12v feed via the screw on the side. when it gets a feed the need shoots right to the top of the gauge.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.