• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hifi with a ic-7000

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
I was thinking about a purchase on some audio gear between the mic and 7000.

A digitech vc300 or something similar price range $200-$300. Right now just have a w2eny adapter a homebrew ptt button and a decent vocal mic... the 7000 does have some eq but id like to have some compression, warm, echo audio.

A digitech vc300 or something similar price range $200-$300. Right now just have a w2eny adapter a homebrew ptt button and a decent vocal mic... the 7000 does have some eq but id like to have some compression, warm, echo audio.

Get a W2IHY gear: Eq Plus and 8 Band Eq and you will be set :D

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, puleeeeeeze:headbang

Reactions: 1 person

I wouldn't run any outboard audio gear with a rig that has a tx and rx bandwidth that can't be set to at least 3Khz on SSB. Even at that bandwidth your at best going to be lo to mid-fi. Google it.

I get results with a stock Heil Goldline GM-4 that are similar to the audio gear I was running some years back. the Goldline is a helluva lot cheaper than all that rack gear.

Yes...it is fun to play with a studio mic and all that other stuff but your not broadcasting in Hifi by any means. At best you flattening out the mics response, tailoring it to your voice characteristics, which is a good thing.

The vc 300 is cheap and noisy.....don't waste your money...buy the DigiTech Vocalist Live 4 if you are gonna get one of those digitech voice processors....but I don't know why you want to hook one up to your radio.....they are harmonizers for people who do not know how to sing.

Thats expencive.

Maybe I need to learn how to use the EQ On the 7000.

Joemeek 3Q with a cheap dynamic microphone like Audio Technica ATR-30 and a Rolls Db25B isolation box = $200.00 on ebay if you know how to shop :D
threeq.jpg

ATH-ATR30.jpg

DB25b_Large-87c2d740c03c21f962b69b7ab8960158.jpg

You need to hook up the audio from the isobox into the acc input in the back of your radio,you need to find the audio and ground pins to bypass the internal preamplifier

I loves me my 7000, for a mobile rig. Sorry, it ain't ever gonna approach hi-fi no matter how cool the do-hickeys you put in front of it.

I'm an Icom fanboy all the way. I'm team Icom like my teenage daughter is team Edward, but if you want big SSB TX audio, its Yaesu 2k and up all the way. Or Flex.

Sorry if I'm dredging up old posts, but I'm bored.

I loves me my 7000, for a mobile rig. Sorry, it ain't ever gonna approach hi-fi no matter how cool the do-hickeys you put in front of it.

I'm an Icom fanboy all the way. I'm team Icom like my teenage daughter is team Edward, but if you want big SSB TX audio, its Yaesu 2k and up all the way. Or Flex.

Sorry if I'm dredging up old posts, but I'm bored.

No doubt about it

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.