• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

High SWR

husk 269

Apr 27, 2005
I run a North Star 9500 on am it has a 1.1 swr but on ssb I switch to RCI 2950 check swr on it and it goes to 3+ anyone ever run in to this problem. Ps I check swr on am. Thanks Husk 269 :?:

Husk 269,
Are you checking the SWR with the meter on the radio or are you using a in line meter?

A lot of times the meters on the radio will not read real accurate.If you checking on AM, then you are doing that part right.

I suggest that you get a good SWR meter and put it in line between the radio & antenna and check it that way.

Did you recalibrate the SWR meter on SSB, or just switch to SSB after calibrating on AM and read the meter peaks? You must recalibrate on SSB, with a steady audio tone.

Rich

I checked swr on am on both North Star and on 2950 1.1 on North Star and over 3 on 2950. Both these readings were on am.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.