• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hilberling PT 8000 A

... if you get one and don't like it, I'll take it off your hands for a reasonable fee. If you get that violet one, forget it.
- 'Doc

They look nice but at nearly 14,000 Euros :eek:. Perhaps they are actually starting to offer these for sale now. They were introduced in 2007 I believe but couldn't meet European spec for emissions so they were shelved. I see they are back on the Hilberling site now so I wonder who the first will be to get one.

They look nice but at nearly 14,000 Euros :eek:. Perhaps they are actually starting to offer these for sale now. They were introduced in 2007 I believe but couldn't meet European spec for emissions so You folks are they were shelved. I see they are back on the Hilberling site now so I wonder who the first will be to get one.

PT8000 + divorce;

Keep wife, suffer lousy RF experience.

You folks are making this very difficult...

Okay, a decade has passed since this thread originated.
I know no one here has purchased one or we’d have heard about it. Has anyone seen one in person?
Heard it called the Bentley or Rolls Royce of ham equipment. Sure looks like it.

http://www.hilberling-usa.com/

I saw it at the Dayton Hamvention. With its matching amplifier. Rolls is a good analogy. Buttons, knob action, fit and finish, “Elegant”.

At the time, it’s reciever performance was one of the best you could buy.

In my opinion the Hiberling, like a Rolls Royce, strokes some people’s vanity and ego. Everyone knows it was expensive.

There were other radios for sale at the time with similar specs at less than half the price.

Reactions: Riverman

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated