• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Home Brew Hair pin & balun

As Jay said, yes it can be done. The one question I have is why you'd want to do that, other than just wanting to do that?
- 'Doc

I am with Doc also, "why" do it? If you are planning on doing it because you will be using it on a band other than 11 meters - then I guess it would be ok.
But for 11 meters, I don't see any benefit in doing it.

Gosh - of all the people that I have talked to in 39 yrs that used beams, I would say that probably 97% of them used a stock beam with a Gamma and they worked more country's and islands then I will ever work.

Just about everyone out there runs lots of power anyway (except me) so what advantage would one have by going to "hairpin"? :confused:

lol gun slinger i made one just like that for a one element i made for my apartment and
the only problem i had was the swr where ok but the imp was off like crazy, so i read
that i need to have a balun with it also.. so thats my next step but the hairpin does
work and trust me even with the imp off i was whoopin a lot of stations on the 27.025
and its mounted on my terrence.. am not talking now since my amps are down, just got
bored with radio so i left everything blowed up in a pile on the floor, now am on the bench again trying to get my tetrode back up and running..
Straight Razor's Site for the Super Bowl Operators, & Friends - one element direct feed with a hairpin match, straight razor built

Hey Straight razor, what do you mean the IMP is off?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.