• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Homebrew 2m Moxon: Gotta get a fix...

HomerBB

Jan 4, 2009
Rogers, Ar
Wanting to do something quick, and just so happen to have a thrift store walker laying around, I whipped up this 2m Moxon.
It's pouring down rain continuously today, so I checked the SWR match inside my 12'x12' workshop. 1.5:1 was a little below the band at 136 Mhz, so I cut a smidgen off its width and tried again Got a usable SWR of 1.5:1 where I wanted it in mid band and decided finer tuning would wait.
Hooked it up to my Baofeng HT and called toward the south of me. Fifteen miles away a ham friend came back to me. He's vertical, I'm horizontal. He has a read with static. I hold it vertical and the static cleans up. I climb the ladder so the antenna is now 15' high. Horizontal he reports clear clean audio no S units on his radio meter (IC 746). Vertical he reports two S units, clear and clean.
It's still raining so I pack it in for the day.
Homer
KG5SQX
20180327_181046-01.jpeg
20180327_181053-01.jpeg

Reactions: Riverman

Given you're on FM only I'd just keep it vertical. Remember to bring the coax out horizontally for a few feet.

That a nice 2m Moxon HomerBB, I just recently built two 2 meter antennas. I built a halo antenna its horizontal and a portable 4 element yagi thats a combination of PVC and aluminum rod. Keep those antennas coming!!

IMG_20180321_142753_zpsnefqtyqe.jpg

IMG_20180329_134428_edit_1522356309647_zpscxmvyzuo.jpg

sorry the Yagi is a picture of a picture quality not great.

Reactions: HomerBB

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?