• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Homebrew Co-phased Ground Plane Antennas

the radiation pattern for the dual antenna?

Reactions: AxlMyk
Well I picked up two SS 102 whips and some stud mounts then this caught my eye. I'm blaming Shadetree mechanic, I couldn't resist the urge! It has a few cosmetic blemishes, but it works and works good. $400 dollars, I don't know if that was a good price, it seemed good to me, so I had to have it. DARN YOU SHADE! He also priced me a 40ft free standing tilt over tower and I know for sure it's a good price. I told him I wanted it too, but give me 3 weeks and I'll hand the money over for the tower when I get back from work. I should have known better than to go to the cb shop with money burning a hole in my pocket.
Now I have to figure out where to hide it before the wife gets home
I figure I'm gonna have to kinda break the ice about this a little at a time
View attachment 57567
That eagle looks very very familar Waldo, and you can heat up dinner with it.

Reactions: G-Golly Wally
Lol! Probably because I use the same getting place as you . I had contemplated buying that Amp you've got but I waited to long to pull the trigger. If ya ever get rid of it I'll take it off your hands. LOL

Lol! Probably because I use the same getting place as you . I had contemplated buying that Amp you've got but I waited to long to pull the trigger. If ya ever get rid of it I'll take it off your hands. LOL
Yea its a keeper, when you get ready to put up your tower I am down to help, I have a tower in warner that needs to come down and zigzag man Is another local in longtown that Is going to need to take down and put up a tower, We can all team up and get it done.

Yea its a keeper, when you get ready to put up your tower I am down to help, I have a tower in warner that needs to come down and zigzag man Is another local in longtown that Is going to need to take down and put up a tower, We can all team up and get it done.
Yea, if I'm available I'd be willing to help. It will probably be a little bit before I get my tower up, it's gonna need a little TLC.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Yea, if I'm available I'd be willing to help. It will probably be a little bit before I get my tower up, it's gonna need a little TLC.
Thanks, maybe we can get a local cb club going where all the members can help each other whith these projects, and I have been scouting for more towers not in use, reusing these towers Is a more affordable way to get folks on the air.

So far I'm really impressed with this co-phased antenna design. I've yet to put a rotor on it to take full advantage of its capabilities, but just pointed NE I've made several contacts to New York, Ohio, the Carolinas, Canada, PA, Washington state and Arizona. It's held up well in the winds of Oklahoma, I know for a fact it's stood up to 55mph winds and didn't falter. This homebrew stuff is fun, especially when you get flowers on your signal strength and the sound of your station. It may not be my design, but I collected the necessary hardware and assembled it myself so I feel some extra excitement and pride when I receive flowers. LC has my Madison dialed in and I run a little Bullet proof 250 at medium power so I'm sure that helps out with my outgoing signal. So if anyone was wondering about this antennas durability, I think you'll be well satisfied with it if you live where the weather gets a little ruff. I've only got one other ground plane to compare it to and that's the A99 with the ground plane kit from the early 90s and in my opinion the homebrew co-phased ground plane SMOKES the A99.

Well I bit the bullet and purchased 3 more SS 102s at 60 bucks each, I currently already had one on hand, should have bought them when I first built this co-phased antenna when they were around 38 bucks, but it is what it is. Next time im home I plan on lowering it down replacing the 4' firestick radials with the 102s and upgrade my coaxial and see if it makes any improvements or not. Had a really good time today at the cb shop, got to meet a local and fellow forum member Enterprise312ok (aka Lance) He's a really great guy and loves to talk about as much as me, so that was a plus. Seen him in action as a couple of other customers came in and needed some work done while I was there. He and Jason are knowledgeable and very friendly guys so they will definitely keep my business. I'm glad I finally got to meet Enterprise and talk with him, had an enjoyable time getting to hangout with him a little while today, good times.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated