• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hong Kong tonight......

Well it appears the 5 element beam needs to be put back up. After 20years up it needed repair and clean up. This is a Crusader 10K 5 element yagi beam antenna, with up dates and make look pretty so it works better. I mostly used it make contacts with South pacific island stations. Now Hong Kong I will be listening for, yeah.

DX Man what frequency was u on?

Jay in the Grate Mojave Desert
You may be picking up Brasil. There is a sizeable Japanese ex-pat community there. They are well represented in Brasil's commercial fishing fleet.

Thats a great contact, way to go. Out here in the So Ca Mojave Desert I have heard Japanese, I think fishing boats probably near Japan. Hearing a Deslie engine in the back ground audio of there transmissions at a constant RPM makes me think it was a fishing boat. I called several times but no reply. So good going.

Jay in the Grate Mojave Desert
There is a lot of Japanese using the 11 meter band. I can here them just about everyday through the winter mo's, when we are close to the peak of cycle.

I have only made contact to the China mainland 4 or 5 times on 11 meters, but now there is about 4 stations that are active from Hong Kong on 11.

When the cycle gets closer to the peak, then it gets really noisy in the .555 area, lots of FM coming from the fishing boats - China/ Vietnamese. This is when a beam is a must to get through the traffic.

I still hear several from Thailand calling on T5 in the late afternoons, but the conditions are not good enough yet for me.
But my "new 7300" should help out a little better in reducing all the "pops/crackles/spikes/" that I hear when pointing the beam that way.

One more thing; 11 meters in China is pretty much a big NO NO! I use to talk with a ham op. several years ago from China, this was on 11 meters. But after we got in contact by e-mail, that's when I learn that it's dangerous to tx on 11 meters. Also found out this guy was born and raised just 25 miles from my qth!

Last edited:
not to doubt you at all but 11m contacts to china and korea? i would have to hear it to believe it. i have heard alot of countries, islands and other weird places on 11m mostly in the old days but i have never ever heard a true cb'er throwing it down from china or korea. a rogue ham for a few minutes maybe and even then im skeptical but a cb'er? thats a new one to me
Well groundwire here is a couple cards of my 11 meter contacts to China, just so you can believe it.
60 div.JPG
60 - back.JPG
203 (1).JPG
203 (2).JPG
Hong Kong - 1.JPG
Hong Kong - 2.JPG
100.JPG
Korea.JPG

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated