• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hong Kong tonight......

DXman

Yes, that's 3100 degrees F. Nine yrs of hard work.
Apr 5, 2005
West Coast - Washington
It took several try's, but finally got through the traffic from Brazil. Got to him with a S5 and a 100 watt Icon 7300. This makes the 4th contact to Hong Kong over the years, all on 11 meters.

Been also busy working lots of Finland, Sweden and many others from over there. The next 2 mo's should be even better. Also Banaba Is.(320 div.) has been busy with one operator from there coming on ever day for the last week now.

Thats a great contact, way to go. Out here in the So Ca Mojave Desert I have heard Japanese, I think fishing boats probably near Japan. Hearing a Deslie engine in the back ground audio of there transmissions at a constant RPM makes me think it was a fishing boat. I called several times but no reply. So good going.

Jay in the Grate Mojave Desert

Well it appears the 5 element beam needs to be put back up. After 20years up it needed repair and clean up. This is a Crusader 10K 5 element yagi beam antenna, with up dates and make look pretty so it works better. I mostly used it make contacts with South pacific island stations. Now Hong Kong I will be listening for, yeah.

DX Man what frequency was u on?

Jay in the Grate Mojave Desert

not to doubt you at all but 11m contacts to china and korea? i would have to hear it to believe it. i have heard alot of countries, islands and other weird places on 11m mostly in the old days but i have never ever heard a true cb'er throwing it down from china or korea. a rogue ham for a few minutes maybe and even then im skeptical but a cb'er? thats a new one to me

not to doubt you at all but 11m contacts to china and korea? i would have to hear it to believe it. i have heard alot of countries, islands and other weird places on 11m mostly in the old days but i have never ever heard a true cb'er throwing it down from china or korea. a rogue ham for a few minutes maybe and even then im skeptical but a cb'er? thats a new one to me

China and South Korea are quite active on the ham bands and legal. China is mostly all club stations however. No rogue activity needed. CB happens a lot in Korea but not quite so much in China. North Korea? Forget it.

China and South Korea are quite active on the ham bands and legal. China is mostly all club stations however. No rogue activity needed. CB happens a lot in Korea but not quite so much in China. North Korea? Forget it.
i know there are amateur stations in those countries, and legal, thats obvious. rogue was just a figure of speech (alot of hams dont go to 11m on their stations because, well you know why)
im talking straight up cb radio like we do here in the US. anyway again, i would have to hear/see it to believe it.

Eleven meter DX is a thriving hobby in the rest of the world. In the US it's a little different with the ch19 trucker / Smokey and the Bandit stigma.

I don't know how Italy became division 1, USA is division 2. China is division 203.

THE QRZ11-DXCC- 11m ZONE MAP 26-07-2022 E - PNG (1).png

Reactions: AudioShockwav
The rest of the world has been working freeband for a long time, 27.555 has been a international call frequency for years, even when 11 meters was a ham frequency.
45 meters also used to be a hot spot for freebanding.
Larry has more 11 meter QSL cards than anyone I know, if it's workable, bet he has worked it.

Jeff

2 division Tango Mike 339

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.