• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hooking a mp4 player/recorder to the PA Jack

I'm sorry let me restate my post #12
Could someone show me where and how to cut the trace????????????
I don't see where ferrite beads will help me in cutting the trace.

They won't help you cut a trace. They might cure your RFI by stopping it at the source vs treating the symptom at the audio cable.

This is basic electronics. You should be able to figure out what trace to cut with an ohm meter and a spare 1/8" plug. Often you can unsoldered the audio wire and make your connection without cutting anything. I don't take pictures or notes on these kind of things so I really can't help you any further.

Reactions: 2FB327
I didn't see anywhere he said he had RFI. He said he had feedback and since he is talking about audio I assumed he meant audio feedback as in screech and howl.

Your assumed audio feedback and I assumed it was RFI. I've had common mode in a mobile application do weird things.

Later in life I learned to stop it at the source and install a proper antenna mount. All the little ferrite beads on the mic cord, ext speaker, engine sensors and everything else was a waste of resources.

I assumed he meant audio feedback simply because while working with an audio input and output circuit he said "feedback" and not "RFI" or "RF feedback". ;) Also due to force of habit over 37 years of calling it RFI and only calling it RF feedback when it was used constructively as in an amplifier with negative feedback. Old habits die hard..................................if at all. (y)

My point was to make sure you use a quality cable between the two.

I was just looking for a photo or diagram to show how I can use the existing Pa jack to plug in the player and not have to drill and mount a separate jack.

I was not looking to start a debate over the feedback/RFI. While I can get many things to work on the bench, it's a different world out there in a mobile, especially a truck.
I will do some experimenting this weekend and post.
Thanks

Debates are good thing. Lots can be learned if no one takes offense and sticks their fingers in their ears.

lalalala.gif
:D

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.