• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hopefully this turns into a find!

G-Golly Wally

WDX 719 SE Oklahoma
Nov 5, 2008
Southeastern Oklahoma
I noticed this tower last weekend so today I stoped and inquired about it. It seems to be in good shape except the top has some damage. The lady said it's 70 ft and they haven't used it since the late 90s when they stopped running truck's for an oil field service they used to own. She took my name and number and is supposed to contact me after she spoke with her husband, hopefully they come off of it pretty reasonably. If they do I'm gonna have to figure out how to get that sucker down. I know everyone will say a J pole, but where would you get one and how do they operate?Screenshot_20211102-190314_Earth.jpg

I noticed this tower last weekend so today I stoped and inquired about it. It seems to be in good shape except the top has some damage. The lady said it's 70 ft and they haven't used it since the late 90s when they stopped running truck's for an oil field service they used to own. She took my name and number and is supposed to contact me after she spoke with her husband, hopefully they come off of it pretty reasonably. If they do I'm gonna have to figure out how to get that sucker down. I know everyone will say a J pole, but where would you get one and how do they operate?View attachment 48142

Hopefully they all of a sudden just want it gone and make you a sweet deal

ROHN_EF2545_800x600t.jpg

ROHN 25G 45G Tower Erection Fixture Gin Pole R-EF2545 | 3 Star Incorporated

Gin Pole Analysis (k7nv.com)

WBØW - Ginpoles (wb0w.com)

She never called last night after she talked to her husband about the tower, so I called her this afternoon. They decided to keep it :cry: It just like when you see an old truck or car in someone's yard that hasn't moved in 20 years, and they won't come off of it. It better not end up gone after a few months, already had that happen to me a few years ago, They didn't want to sell me their tower and a little while later it disappeared! I know where one more sets with no antenna on it either, it's not quite as tall and it's a couple of more towns over from this one.

A friend used to drive around small towns and in the countryside, looking for towers with a TV antenna, and a Direct-TV dish on the roof. Figured that antenna wasn't being used any more and would "collect" towers this way for little more than the time and effort.

Trouble was, most of them were 'ladder' tower, not really suitable for the torque stress of a big beam antenna.

Didn't keep folks from using them that way.

A friend used to drive around small towns and in the countryside, looking for towers with a TV antenna, and a Direct-TV dish on the roof. Figured that antenna wasn't being used any more and would "collect" towers this way for little more than the time and effort.

Trouble was, most of them were 'ladder' tower, not really suitable for the torque stress of a big beam antenna.

Didn't keep folks from using them that way.

They said something about the TV antenna was on it, and I was thinking to myself most people have satellite TV now. But I didn't argue, just thanked her and wished them well.
I'll get lucky one day, or I'll just end up buying one, but I'm hoping I can get lucky.

They said something about the TV antenna was on it, and I was thinking to myself most people have satellite TV now. But I didn't argue, just thanked her and wished them well.
I'll get lucky one day, or I'll just end up buying one, but I'm hoping I can get lucky.
i got lucky 1 time n cost me lots the last 25 years. be careful for what you wish for

Reactions: G-Golly Wally
When I asked about this tower awhile back the lady talked to her husband and he didn't want to let it go, she seemed on board to get rid of it. I found out today that her husband has since past away, and the tower is still there, because I drove past it yesterday. I'm going to see if she would like to get rid of it, now that her husband has past on. I may have a chance now because she told me the didn't really have a need for it, and haven't used it after they got out of the oilfield services business. So hopefully she make a deal with me

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.