• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Horizontal and Vertical -Same Time.

All this and Silvereagle1, has been long gone for nearly 8 years. I really don't think his question was about circular polarization

That’s what I’m thinking. CP is relevant, and a natural product of the discussion, but not really what the thread is about.

Hi All !...

I think if said it before here on forum. I asked a acquaintances of mine who works as a propagation analist for "radio world services" ...
He said....on 11 meter.... from a "wave" point of view it isnt important which polarisation you use.

(keep in mind..im not talking about additioinal bennefits like ground gain etc) .

As soon as the "radiation" hits the layers it will start to rotate... and thus fast you can not "guarantee" any polarisation can have any favour at a "set time". But overall the majority will be so fast in rotation there isnt any polarisation to favour.

There obvious will be times where one has the bennefit....but even then: While one procedeeds his own tests it will be hard to tell the difference between polarisation or take-off angle. (and dont forget things like gain differences......and reflections etc)

For "overall" best "DX" performance on CB it is best to setup a high plazed horizontal beam. (for its additional ground gain...most likely lower radiation angle (compared to a vertical) and possibly less noise).
That is logical...as most "big guns" and "contest" stations us such a setup. Infact those world radio services try really hard (when they use F2 layers) to put up hugh masts with ....a lot of horizontal antennas.

In the past i have made a circulair omnidirecitonal for "monitoring".
Attached is a picture of it.

View attachment 37532

It its possbile to construct something "circulair" without phasing lines.
K6STI has some good examples.:
http://www.ham-radio.com/k6sti/cpquad.htm

Kind regards Henry

Having run dual polarity beam in the past (Wilson Shooting Star) I will say that it was a great asset during fading or when the incoming signal was flipping polarity. Being able to switch from V to H or H to V would very often make the difference between armchair copy or losing the contact. At no time was I running circular. As for generating circular without phasing lines, FM broadcast does it all the time. TRUE Circular is not simply V and H at the same time but rather consists of a rotating wavefront. Check out a helix antenna. Not to be confused with a helical antenna. The radiate in different modes.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated