• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How about a liquid cooled heatsink

Have to wonder if he was inspired by a computer liquid cooling setup. The pumps, lines, and radiator look like they're for that sort of application. Props to him for following through on his idea and making it work, though. He's probably going to be inundated by people wanting to duplicate his setup.

Last edited:
The Peltier create a lot of heat to get cool the cooling. I played with those lookng for a comuter processor cooling idea. They definitely cooled the processor, but also created a lot of heat in the process..

This would certainly work for a solid state base amp. I put it together 13 years ago for my PC then. The concept is what is important. No fans, no radiators, no heat, no internal noise, no condensation. Variable temp sub-ambient cooling so you can keep it just above the dew point. Just need a window that an AC can fit in. in 2010, I spent $120 for everything except the water blocks.

110 AC window unit (mine was a 12K BTU), Rubbermade cooler, PC water pump & res., tubing, connectors, insulation, wetter water additive, 6 gallons distilled water (low specific gravity anti-freeze could be used too).
Compressor on frequency is determined by the heat load.

Attachments

• P1050319.JPG
    P1050319.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 8
  • P1050318.JPG
    P1050318.JPG
    181.3 KB · Views: 8
  • P1050316.JPG
    P1050316.JPG
    166.1 KB · Views: 8
  • P1050326.JPG
    P1050326.JPG