• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base How about an antenna switch in reverse?

Never had an issue, plus you get some protection and each port is grounded when not in use. A little pricey, but probably one of the best out there.
There ya' go!

And why I wanted you to be careful, (consideration for) that the outputs may get shorted to each other to form a grounded shunt - loop - meaning the contact short out - are not left open.

The device can self-destruct if you place power into a shorted contact - if its left open - isolation is poor meaning the TX power from one radio can enter into the other - either way the radio you switch out - has to be set up in such a fashion that it will not key itself into the Now-unselected connector.

I agree. A cheapy indeed. I wouldn't want to trust that with any power. The contacts could arc over and feed RF directly back into the other radio.
I would not be running anything over about 70W pep and maybe 20W carrier thru this switch. As I said, it's a temporary thing where I can just try the radios for a few weeks and see what I like.

There ya' go!

And why I wanted you to be careful, (consideration for) that the outputs may get shorted to each other to form a grounded shunt - loop - meaning the contact short out - are not left open.

The device can self-destruct if you place power into a shorted contact - if its left open - isolation is poor meaning the TX power from one radio can enter into the other - either way the radio you switch out - has to be set up in such a fashion that it will not key itself into the Now-unselected connec
The center conductors on the existing switch open when not selected. BUT, I would never have both radios powered up simultaneously anyway. I may use one of them for an hour or so and then switch to the other. Or not. I just need it to last a couple of weeks while I decide what to do. IF i decide to keep both rigs I will certainly acquire a quality switch.

Hi Greg. Just make sure to buy a good quality antenna switch. It is ok to use an antenna switch to run several radios. I have a 4 position Alpha Delta switch. The nice features about this switch is that it has surge protection and that the switch in center position, grounds all the radios. Here is a pic of mine:

Attachments

• 2DAD0386-EC6E-42DA-B13F-04381CE13CB4.jpeg
    2DAD0386-EC6E-42DA-B13F-04381CE13CB4.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
Reactions: Greg T
Hi Greg. Just make sure to buy a good quality antenna switch. It is ok to use an antenna switch to run several radios. I have a 4 position Alpha Delta switch. The nice features about this switch is that it has surge protection and that the switch in center position, grounds all the radios. Here is a pic of mine:
Thanx much! If I decide to keep both radios I will certainly pick up a new, quality switch device.

Reactions: Alexis Mercado
I would use a patch panel.
I won't use multiple radios on the same antenna with a multi position switch.
As for multiple antennas on the same radio? Fine.
I'm also careful about adjacent antennas in close proximity connected to receivers/transceivers.

TS-830S L-41 anyone?

On or off it doesn't take much to destroy a modern FET input.

Do what you want. I'll use a patch panel.

3 radios into amp, swr/power mtr, ect., to 3 antennas, 5/8 vertical on one end of house, beam on the other end, 1/4 wave in the middle for short range. Worked out well. Just made sure to turn radio off before switching them. Used 2, 1k 3 way switches on 11m, 100w max output

Reactions: Greg T

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated