• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How do I buy a Randy III in the USA?

El Kabong

Say what?
Apr 11, 2018
Lost Angeles, CA.
All Euro sellers I found want well over $200 for one BEFORE shipping. Add $50 for that.
That adds up to nope nope nope too expensive.

Anyone know of a North American source under $200?

Keep searching ebay.co.uk, ebay.de, ebay.fr and ebay.nl, it's possible to find a deal on a used radio and I scored an Alan 42+ years ago for around $50 from Germany and a couple other Euro rigs over the years.

This is a fairly recently released radio though. Its £189 from my favourite radio shop.

I really want a Randy III but with CTCSS/DCS, repeater offset and of course expanded coverage beyond the 40 channels. They figured it all out on the EU version but nothing so far with the FCC. $150 is still too much for me to either be the first one to hack it or one of many to fubar it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.