• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How do you sell radios?

Lkaskel

Aug 4, 2017
Hey Gang,
I'm at a place where I am going to get rid of a bunch of radios. I have not sold anything interesting online as all of the radios I've sold have been to locals. I thought I'd give online a chance but my 1st attempt was not so amazing as it started with someone contacting me asking for my cell phone number so we could work it out through texting (which I declined) and then the person that purchased the radio (2950CD still in the box) contacted me and said that it did not work which of course it did when I shipped it. After a few questions he admitted that he "just" tried to turn up the power a little. Now I am unsure which is the least challenging way to sell working radios. What have you done and had relatively decent sucess?

Hey Gang,
I'm at a place where I am going to get rid of a bunch of radios. I have not sold anything interesting online as all of the radios I've sold have been to locals. I thought I'd give online a chance but my 1st attempt was not so amazing as it started with someone contacting me asking for my cell phone number so we could work it out through texting (which I declined) and then the person that purchased the radio (2950CD still in the box) contacted me and said that it did not work which of course it did when I shipped it. After a few questions he admitted that he "just" tried to turn up the power a little. Now I am unsure which is the least challenging way to sell working radios. What have you done and had relatively decent sucess?
That's a tough one with so many fakes and flakes these days. You could always try here, several of us in here have bought from each other. And many of us are DX addicts so gear is like waving candy to a fat kid haha.

Wish I'd of known about that 2950cd, thought those were a neat radio when they were available.

YouTube Channel? Demonstrate product and "sold as is"; with a handsome markup for your troubles.
Add to eBay listings and link to YouTube demonstration.

Afterthought: You need a manner of communications and a email alias would be my choice; setup an alias account with your provider. Alias likeness to YouBoob Chnl and Fleebay accounts would be an added measure of association.

Obtain 1:100 Goobermint Sociopaths, No Sell List. Its going to be a very extensive list. You hear many of them on Chnl 38LSB; for example "111111...111"; and, "it's just my barefoot radio"... So is my RCI2970N4 but I don't gloat about it.

Sure wish there were a way to conduct honest business the daze. Jackass told me it was a 2 day job to fit my '70 CST with a return fuel line, for EFI. Truck has been in his hands for 5 weeks, this past Monday. My CST was Flex-Fuel before such became in vouge. Runs on water with 350 CID gasohol primary.

1:100, ratio of inbred sociopaths to normals. It's a printed statistic; though inbred is my added admonishment.

Last edited:
I used to sell on e-bay years ago and had good luck. Now as a seller e-bay screws you every which way and you have very little protection from scammers. I now just sell local in person or here on the forum. I have only had one bad deal here on the forum,

Reactions: nbsr
Sell your stuff with a local pickup and give them a demo of the radio working with the understanding no guaranty or returns. Cold hard cash only marked with a counterfeit pen. Let the seller beware !

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.