• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How does Motormouth Maul get away with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
according to what he posted on fb back when he was still putting the new antenna together, he said 96'...this was back in 2016...He posted earlier this year he was going to lengthen it to 108'...now weather or not he did that, I don't know... I was wrong about the weight tho...The antenna is closer to 200 pounds, don't know where i got that other figure.

This was a post from 2016 on fb:

Well it seems to work. And if it didn't...channel 6 has a way of letting you know.

according to what he posted on fb back when he was still putting the new antenna together, he said 96'...this was back in 2016...He posted earlier this year he was going to lengthen it to 108'...now weather or not he did that, I don't know... I was wrong about the weight tho...The antenna is closer to 200 pounds, don't know where i got that other figure.

This was a post from 2016 on fb:

I have never read his FB page and have no interest in him or his crappy sounding station.I hear him every now and then on channel 28 and just laugh hearing him brag about his station when it sounds pathetic to my ears and is far from worthy of bragging rights.It is worthy of using as a Bad Example and in life we need both Good and Bad examples so it is not totally useless.As far as the antenna I have not heard him mention it and I usually just turn down the volume until the conditions change and I can no longer hear him and that is usually pretty quickly and that is great.I spent the largest amount of my radio funds on my Amateur gear and that includes antennas since I use those bands every day and the CB just every now and then since it’s like listening to a bunch of children or worse every time I turn a CB on.It is a disgrace what the 11 meter band has become and people like him make it the zoo that it is.

SIX-SHOOTER

I have never read his FB page and have no interest in him or his crappy sounding station.I hear him every now and then on channel 28 and just laugh hearing him brag about his station when it sounds pathetic to my ears and is far from worthy of bragging rights.It is worthy of using as a Bad Example and in life we need both Good and Bad examples so it is not totally useless.As far as the antenna I have not heard him mention it and I usually just turn down the volume until the conditions change and I can no longer hear him and that is usually pretty quickly and that is great.I spent the largest amount of my radio funds on my Amateur gear and that includes antennas since I use those bands every day and the CB just every now and then since it’s like listening to a bunch of children or worse every time I turn a CB on.It is a disgrace what the 11 meter band has become and people like him make it the zoo that it is.

SIX-SHOOTER

I don"t have Facebook and don"t need to defend him. But he sounded excellent when I talked to him the other day (142 miles away!) He experiments with audio and antenna's all the time and will sound different on different radios. Besides wide audio doesn't sound so hot on a cheap reciever.

I don"t have Facebook and don"t need to defend him. But he sounded excellent when I talked to him the other day (142 miles away!) He experiments with audio and antenna's all the time and will sound different on different radios. Besides wide audio doesn't sound so hot on a cheap reciever.

I last heard him on my ICOM 746, BROWNING Golden Eagle MK IVA and TRAM D201A and he sounded like his head was in the toilet on each of them.

SIX-SHOOTER

I also like the way he sounds, I also have a few Flex radios and modded RX radios I listen with.

Reactions: Chicago Savage
I've never heard him sound bad either...always sounded pretty good mater-a-fact...There's a few other guys over on the East-side that sound similar, figure because they are using some sort of synthesisers and studio quality Mic's to get that FM Stereo Station sound like MMM uses...

To each their own! Me personally I'm not willing to sink that much money into a CB Station, and I wouldn't do it if I had a amateur radio station either...All I'm interested in is having my station sound clear, and clean as possible, plus enough juice under the hood to get over all the rest of the trash that's out there...

I last heard him on my ICOM 746, BROWNING Golden Eagle MK IVA and TRAM D201A and he sounded like his head was in the toilet on each of them.

SIX-SHOOTER
We all have the sound we like, dude. He uses a radio studio console, so he has a great audio frequency range. Your over the top trashing of him shows jealousy on your end. Just look at his station on his website. You probably don't know what half the stuff is.

Reactions: jessejamesdallas
Your over the top trashing of him shows jealousy on your end. Just look at his station on his website. You probably don't know what half the stuff is.
Wow.. you need to mellow. I get that you're a MM fanboy but there are some of us that see him as waste of space. If he was doing all that legally then I have no issues and would respect him but everything and I mean EVERYTHING he does is Ilegal! There are some big guns on 160 running old broadcast equipment that make MM look like he is using an old channel 14 walkie talkie. And, no I am in no way jealous of him. I used to work as a DJ for 15 years so I have my thrill of playing broadcast fun.

Q
Wow.. you need to mellow. I get that you're a MM fanboy but there are some of us that see him as waste of space. If he was doing all that legally then I have no issues and would respect him but everything and I mean EVERYTHING he does is Ilegal! There are some big guns on 160 running old broadcast equipment that make MM look like he is using an old channel 14 walkie talkie. And, no I am in no way jealous of him. I used to work as a DJ for 15 years so I have my thrill of playing broadcast fun.
Oh, no. Not the CB Police again. I'm out. Like a polyester suit.

Oh, no. Not the CB Police again. I'm out. Like a polyester suit.
See ya...

Here's the point I am trying to make, lets use baseball as a bases for this. Let's say player x is the best home run hitter in the league but he uses corked bats and is on roids. Is he still the best? Yes he needs to have the eye to hand coordination to hit the ball but everything else is illegal. While MM has the skills to assemble a very good station everything thing about it illegal no? If he was doing this on 75,80 or 160 I would applaud him but he is not. I am using MM as an example only, there are many others on 11 meters doing the same thing. 11 meters is the wild west and the sheriff has left town, everyone does what they want and this is why I no longer want to play in that sandpit. If a little opposite side criticism is enough to drive you away then so be it.

Last edited:
I promised myself I would stay clean and civil on this very cool website, and I'm doing my best, but when I see hams come over to the CB chat, and start talking junk about legalities on 11M, I want to react. However, the better approach is, instead of saying something nice and stupid, it's best to let it go. My humblest of opinion has always been that the majority of hams who hate 11M are just putting up a front, because they can't be on CB, because they don't fit in with the CB crowd. They just don't have the guts. The first time someone told them to "shut up stupid", or told them they are "in the mud", they would immediately run upstairs, and cry to their mothers. Lol Did I lose my civility just a bit? Sorry.

My humblest of opinion has always been that the majority of hams who hate 11M are just putting up a front, because they can't be on CB, because they don't fit in with the CB crowd.
Thats a very sad narrow-minded opinion to have but it is your opinion and I will accpect it. I did come from 11 meters, I was on CB from 1973 to 1990. I moved up because CB was limiting and honestly I was tired of most of the crap that was happening there (i.e noise toys, echo, music playing, fighting). Yes the same shit happends on the ham bands but I have crap load of more places I can go to get away from it. I want to have actual conversations with decent people, I want to work DX when your band is dead, I want to play with cooler radios, and don't want to be told you need to have "guts" to enjoy a hobby.

See ya...

Here's the point I am trying to make, lets use baseball as a bases for this. Let's say player x is the best home run hitter in the league but he uses corked bats and is on roids. Is he still the best? Yes he needs to have the eye to hand coordination to hit the ball but everything else is illegal. While MM has the skills to assemble a very good station everything thing about it illegal no? If he was doing this on 75,80 or 160 I would applaud him but he is not. I am using MM as an example only, there are many others on 11 meters doing the same thing. 11 meters is the wild west and the sheriff has left town, everyone does what they want and this is why I no longer want to play in that sandpit. If a little opposite side criticism is enough to drive you away then so be it.
To each their own again.... See, that's what I like about CB Radio...It's like the "Wild-Wild-West"...nothing too formal, just for the most part people having fun on the radio...I do agree there's plenty of CB Rambo's still around, and more than a few stations that trash the airway's with over modulated stations that they think in their own little demented minds, "sound good!" But it's not something new...It's been that way for decades...Just because the sheriff left town and the inmates are running things now, it's still no different today than it was back in the 70's...If anything it's better now, because there's fewer people on the radio than 45 years ago...not to mention "More channels"...

Actually, this is just another reason why I have no desire whatsoever to get into HAM radio...Too many think their crap don't stink, and everyone who talks on 11 meters is beneath them, low-lifes, morons, and your basic trailer-trash... Sorry....too many other more important things to deal with in life than to associate or try and please a group of individuals who think they are the Master race, or some-sorta "Elite group" because they have a license to talk on a specific frequency...

Too many think their crap don't stink, and everyone who talks on 11 meters is beneath them, low-lifes, morons, and your basic trailer-trash... Sorry....too many other more important things to deal with in life than to associate or try and please a group of individuals who think they are the Master race, or some-sorta "Elite group" because they have a license to talk on a specific frequency...
Isn't an 11 meter op thinking this way the same as a ham thinking their way? The two can co-exsistif allowed but even you must agree that 11 meters can be garbage dump on certain "channels"? As are certain ham frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated