• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How does Motormouth Maul get away with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.. you need to mellow. I get that you're a MM fanboy but there are some of us that see him as waste of space. If he was doing all that legally then I have no issues and would respect him but everything and I mean EVERYTHING he does is Ilegal! There are some big guns on 160 running old broadcast equipment that make MM look like he is using an old channel 14 walkie talkie. And, no I am in no way jealous of him. I used to work as a DJ for 15 years so I have my thrill of playing broadcast fun.
And there are a few big guns on 80/160 that are retired NYC AM radio engineers that have no problem with him..some are even on 11m from to time.

See ya...

Here's the point I am trying to make, lets use baseball as a bases for this. Let's say player x is the best home run hitter in the league but he uses corked bats and is on roids. Is he still the best? Yes he needs to have the eye to hand coordination to hit the ball but everything else is illegal. While MM has the skills to assemble a very good station everything thing about it illegal no? If he was doing this on 75,80 or 160 I would applaud him but he is not. I am using MM as an example only, there are many others on 11 meters doing the same thing. 11 meters is the wild west and the sheriff has left town, everyone does what they want and this is why I no longer want to play in that sandpit. If a little opposite side criticism is enough to drive you away then so be it.
When I say h
Thats a very sad narrow-minded opinion to have but it is your opinion and I will accpect it. I did come from 11 meters, I was on CB from 1973 to 1990. I moved up because CB was limiting and honestly I was tired of most of the crap that was happening there (i.e noise toys, echo, music playing, fighting). Yes the same shit happends on the ham bands but I have crap load of more places I can go to get away from it. I want to have actual conversations with decent people, I want to work DX when your band is dead, I want to play with cooler radios, and don't want to be told you need to have "guts" to enjoy a hobby.
Okay, sounds good. My closing argument is that ragging on CB'ers for any reason is kind of silly. CB is the radio jungle. It's a "special blend" of everything that can hit you.
We are all expected to co-exist on this Forum.

That's what we like about it. It's for Amatuers ops and CBers alike.

If neither can tolerate the other, than maybe it's best to move on to a dedicated Amateur or CB forum.
Well, that's just it. Too many hams coming down to the CB page and
I will take the gear I have over anything that he owns.I own over 100 CB Radios including the best that were ever produced as well as some of the finest Amateur Radio gear ever produced and I would never use any radio that sounds like he sounds on any band.Sounding like CRAP has never been a desire of mine and I don’t know why anyone would? I also find it funny that someone would think me or anyone else would be jealous of the way his station sounds? LOL That is beyond funny so thanks for the laugh.I almost wet my shorts laughing at that one.I would guess that he would love having much of the gear that I own since he is far far behind in gear from my own.I guess he has big dreams but I am not sure since when I hear his signal it is nothing worth of listening to compared to so many others.He is nothing more than a want to be who will never amount to much of anything if his CB Station is a sign of what he feels is worthy of much of anything.Thanks again for the laugh and if you have any more good ones Please share them.I have been on the CB since 1965 and Amateur Radio since 1994 and have seen his kind come and go and he will be no different so if he is your hero I would start recording him so you will have him around much longer than he will be on the air.If he was very smart he would adjust that sound board and get it sounding much better so I guess he is not the genius some make him out to be. 73

SIX-SHOOTER
I've got no problem with how you feel about him as an operator, but when you say his audio sucks, that's when I get an itchy texting finger. Audio is preference. Some like bass, others like trebble. Some shoot for studio quality sound. His range is probably 15-25,000 Hz, so when you say he sounds like he's in a toilet, you should expect a little push-back. Top o' the Day!

Reactions: Arch Stanton
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.