• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How exact must Tetrode Screen Voltage be?

Naysayer

Mar 6, 2020
New York
How much can the Screen Voltage vary?
Is it like the Control Grid where it must be exactly what datasheet states?
Or can it vary a bit like the other tube grids & filament?

Everything I find online concerns Screen Current and that's addressed by the control boards.
Datasheets state the same value regardless of the other conditions. Will +/- 5 volts matter much for grid-driven DC grounded K?
neil Happy New Year, Hope for Peace in Ukraine.

Found the Answer, I think.
Re-read the 2004 Pride DX-300 Review/Manual originally published on CBTricks.com. Page 32, section 4.4, Item 7 states Screen voltage at tube pins can vary +/-10%. That’s a lot but good news for me as I’m bit low.

Reactions: Holydvr
Thank you all for the feedback on this. I've been using old tubes (300y's) to set voltage & current limits. Had to order a new current meter that I'm waiting on to do final adjustments before I put new tubes in it (300a's).

Screen voltage being exact is not as important as it being stable over the audio cycle.
Variations in screen voltage will modulate the RF power output.
A regulated screen voltage supply is a good thing if possible.

Screen voltage being exact is not as important as it being stable over the audio cycle.
Variations in screen voltage will modulate the RF power output.
A regulated screen voltage supply is a good thing if possible.
I noted the minimal nature of the Screen supply design of the Tokyo HyPower 4cx diagrams when compared to the rest of their circuit. I'm learning less is more efficient when it comes to RF.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.