• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How many truckers are running VHF ? Is CB dying ?

I have it in the truck but hardly ever turn it on. 160 meters up to 70 cm but always have the CB on with a lot of other people on their too. I am always in a hurry(nature of the job) and need the info from 19. I will turn it on if stopped for the night but usually I will go to the lower bands(160-40 meters). Also, if I am going 1500 miles at a time, need something to keep me going.

Reactions: NZ8N
My CB is the same as my truck, once I start the motor I turn on the CB. I don't shut either down until I return from my run (except when I'm in the back sleeping the CB gets shut down).

About 98% of the time I stay on 19, ton's of drivers still talk back and forth to one another, it's cheap entertainment while we're out on the road. I also make runs to a lot of areas where cell phone service is hit and miss. If I break down and need help it's priceless to have communication to the outside world.

CB is still pretty hot in the Canadian Province's, I talk with a lot of them guys & gals when the conditions are there.

Just go to Ch 19 and listen, you'll here guys from all over the US & Canada.

that clip was hilariously funny!

Lisa was a bit nervous, but she is one great gal and she has it all going on for sure. I never meet any gorgeous truck drivers like Lisa or Maya! May be some day.

Seems like Lisa is pretty busted up in that interview ???? Was her motocross accident recent ?

Back on topic... I bought a Uniden 880 and got it tuned to work with a KL203, which I also ordered.

Reactions: Slowmover
Seems like Lisa is pretty busted up in that interview ???? Was her motocross accident recent ?

Back on topic... I bought a Uniden 880 and got it tuned to work with a KL203, which I also ordered.

Where did you buy your 880 from?

I have been thinking about getting this radio but have not heard of any one running it with an amp which is what I was thinking of doing. Just didn't know if any one had tried tuning it for an amp yet.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated