• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How many watts will........

Go invest in an Ameritron 811H The tubes are redilly available and CHEAP. It will do 700 watts clean power. Upgrade it with 572B tubes and youll never replace a tube as long as you own the amp. 10M coversion is very easy too.

haha

:LOL: your funny i dont know u have to be ignorant i was just stating a fact i about a amp that all it seem like u have to drag stuff out of other forums. Ihave no problems with you (Aztech The Dirtmover) or anyone else u hang out with on triple 5. Iwas just statin things I have heardthey were not made to be a insult or put down . I dont not just come out here and call u or anyone else involved in other topic names its really childish!

Things said on other forums were not to be take as a insult in anyway . we are alll here for the hobby of radio. I was not involved with the whole AT attack against the AZ gang everyone has a right to talk were ever they please those members have been expelled from the group. So i dont disrespect you guys in any way When i make a call and some one from Az call back to me the are very kind to me and i am the same to them . Let put the name callin aside and the silly threats thier as well and be adults and enjoy this forum and the radio

happy memorial day weekend to everyone :D

EHam isnt going to sell a non ham anything!

SB-220 is a GREAT amp. Tubes are EXPENSIVE! If you want a very good investment.... Seek out an Ameritron 811 or 811H. You aren't going to do 2k with it but rather 450 and 700 respectively. When its time to retube though.......30 to 50 dollars. Very easy to find tubes. Were built for government equipment and mass amounts out there. Very clean tube. These Ameritrons can be had for around 300-500 dollars. I have picked 811As up at HamFests for under $300 and 811Hs up for under $400. You can upgrade the tubes into the more expensive 572B tubes too. You wont get much more power out of those tubes, but they will never go out either. Look on Ebay or Yahoo Auctions.

2AT124, you stated: "Things said on other forums were not to be take as a insult in anyway . we are alll here for the hobby of radio. I was not involved with the whole AT attack against the AZ gang everyone has a right to talk were ever they please those members have been expelled from the group. So i dont disrespect you guys in any way When i make a call and some one from Az call back to me the are very kind to me and i am the same to them . Let put the name callin aside and the silly threats thier as well and be adults and enjoy this forum and the radio"

2AT124, you had better not start with me. I am not aztech. He and I are 2 different people, I haven't even met him. You already know what I think. As far as AZ Gang, no such thing exists! A gang in my mind is a bunch of little, Punk, Thugs, that cannot do anything without their buddies backing them up! Kinda sounds like a bunch of people that go join in in groups like Alpha Tango huh? I dont think anyone running SSB in Phoenix has that problem.

You were one of those crying for that Chris Sweeny thread to be locked, yet you start it all up here. You had best leave well enough alone, BOY. It is obvious you cannot handle what I have to say.

Now that that is all said and done, if you are looking for a "footwarmer" for the house and you aren't a ham.......Really invest in a good hamquality amp. STAY AWAY from sweep tubes amps. Your neighbors and the hams in the neighborhood will thank you for it. Seek out amplifiers that take high quality broadcast quality tubes, then check out what it's going to cost to retube it. Example, you can get an Eagle 500 that is running 6LF6 tubes. It will do what the Ameritron 811H will do. They are about the same money. To retube the 811H you will spend about 60 dollars. To retube that Eagle, you will spend 60 dollars a tube.

Another kickbutt amp is one that uses a 4-400. Another clean tube. A single 4-400 will net you about 1200 watts. It is rather hard to come across amps that run 4-400 however.

relpy

i was under the impression that u were both user for that i apologize. Your definition of a gang is your opinon .Maybe my i used the wrong words to desribe it maybe group or something along that line would be better. No i didnt say anything or "cry" as you put it to have the other thread locked that was up to the moderator form what he saw . Like i have said many times my other thread was not made to insult anyone from AZ it was not intended to be that way . As for Alfa tango being a gang thats your opinion. anyone who act out of line in that oranazation it dealth with in the right manner (expulshion ect.). I nothing bad to say about you ,Aztech, Chris or anyone from AZ. I dont think the people form AZ are thugs or punks . They are just a bunch of people who get on the radio to talk and sometime u get a little rowdy (it like tha ton any local channel). We all share the same hobby of radio we shouldn't argu amoung ourselves.

sorry for takin to much time in this thread :)

2at124

Az operators

i hear these guys as well i hav eonly been freebanding fo ra short time so i cant sa yanythign bad .ihave talked to this chris before seems ok to me a sfor the rest of them i didn tknow that they wereout thier al a can really hear is him i also here a #3 repeter in canada

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.