• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

how much loss on 75ft

1iwilly

Dec 7, 2008
i know i need to upgrade my coax at the moment I'm using rg-8x low loss double shielded
an amp tech i met said to see how much loss you are getting with the radio only on a dummy load the dead key is 2 watts then i connect the antenna coax to the radio and the meter with dummy load at the end of the ant coax key radio now I'm showing 1 1/2 watts dead key ok not so bad
then i put the amp back in line, so it's the radio amp low pass filter amp set at 200 watts dead key on a dummy load.
took meter again and connected at antenna coax check dead key now I'm showing 150 watts dead key, on 75 feet of the rg8x low loss
my question is how much the loss seems 2% 3% and so on yes i will be switching to lmr 400 but not at this given moment economy kicking my arse LOL

Reactions: Newbie solar guy

i know i need to upgrade my coax at the moment I'm using rg-8x low loss double shielded
an amp tech i met said to see how much loss you are getting with the radio only on a dummy load the dead key is 2 watts then i connect the antenna coax to the radio and the meter with dummy load at the end of the ant coax key radio now I'm showing 1 1/2 watts dead key ok not so bad
then i put the amp back in line, so it's the radio amp low pass filter amp set at 200 watts dead key on a dummy load.
took meter again and connected at antenna coax check dead key now I'm showing 150 watts dead key, on 75 feet of the rg8x low loss
my question is how much the loss seems 2% 3% and so on yes i will be switching to lmr 400 but not at this given moment economy kicking my arse LOL
I have a center-fed sloped dipole 14 ft high at the top and two feet off the ground at the bottom 45°s slant, My Radio Shack is 60 ft away..... which cable should I use for 75ft length of coax? the L MR or the rg8x for just the 75 ft run (using a 6 in choke with five turns.) I heard that anything under 100 ft Run that the standard rg8x would be okay to use??? I have an Andy2 with a KL 203 amplifier the Andy2 is set at 1.5 watts output with low swing. swr 1.1and 1.3 any suggestions will help. thank you

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.