• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How to change my name to my handle?

Redbeard U812

WDX-1030 / U812 South Texas
Jul 14, 2018
Is it possible to change my name to my handle/ nickname? When I enrolled in sign up I did not realize, or should I say "pay attention" to what I was typing and how it would be posted. Everyone has their handle and I feel left out, not having mine. I've tried to change it but evidently "I'm not smarter than the thing".

Respectfully,

Redbeard

Why? The only way I know it could even be possible would be contact a staff member and that's the only way I'd know to go about it, so how is that wrong?

Is it possible to change my name to my handle/ nickname? When I enrolled in sign up I did not realize, or should I say "pay attention" to what I was typing and how it would be posted. Everyone has their handle and I feel left out, not having mine. I've tried to change it but evidently "I'm not smarter than the thing".

Respectfully,

Redbeard

Only admin can change your username. I tried too but Redbeard is already in the system as another member. Perhaps Red Beard as two words? I'll check later after work.

Yea, exactly. But he just said you'd have to get an admin to do it and that was what I was talking about, easy to just click on that contact and ask the question than run all over the place hunting down a staff member or admin. Or it seems so to me...

Kewl.....Thanks! Once I got off my tools and into Project Controls I had to use my real name for professional reasons. Now days, when someone calls out Redbeard, I know it's someone whom I've work in field with on tools. NOW I've found a reason to use it again.

Want to also thank y'all for the tech info I've been gathering here. Some of these posts are detailed and above my comprehension but have a friend who let his ham license expire years ago who try's to explain it. We sit in the barn and tinker with some his old radios, tube mainly, and get them up again.

I have a question for any staff member or for an admin...

The username Redbeard is taken but that user hasn't been active in 7 years. I don't want TheRealPorkchop but rather just plain Porkchop, that's my nickname and what I've been called by people who know me for the last 18 years. That name is also taken but that user hasn't been active in 12 years. Or that's certainly how it looks if you look up those two names in the DX Members list. Am I wrong?

So my question, doesn't the forum staff or admins do any "spring cleaning" ever so often? Inactive users aren't ever deleted and the user names go back into the pool for use?

I've been kicked out the system before for being inactive for a certain amount of time on other forums and such, you'd think that after 7 or 12 years of someone not coming back to this forum that those user names would be removed from the taken list.

Just a question... just curious. There's probably other guys here whose first choice was taken and probably for the same reason... it's not a huge deal and doesn't change who we are or what we post but still... it's just a question though.

It's been 7 years not active? Got me wondering. It was about seven years, or so ago, I was down here in Port Lavaca, TX working when I met Kavin and we started messing with our radios. I have moved around through out the South since and came back to work in this area again. That actually may be me. I might have signed on years back "looking for answers to questions that bothered me so". But since then my eye sight has diminished and my hearing is shot from occupational hazards from Petro-Chem Construction. Don't think I could remember the email account I had used. {Memory is sketchy, too}. I used to have one for all the "notifications from Fake Book", but about 5 years back I dropped that "LifeInvader" account due to their seditious posts on my account. My conservative news feeds stopped coming and was replaced by "Liberal Impotent Rage".

If you were asking about a Cobra 29, that's you then. Looks like only 5 post were ever made from that account...

I'm not trying to be confrontational about it but use this as an example. If it's you, you're admitting to not being back in those 7 years, haha. And if it's you, then why not get your account back or at least your name?

I was an admin on a local forum here, we kept cleaning out inactive user accounts ever so often, I deleted a crap ton of people that were no longer active.

https://www.worldwidedx.com/members/redbeard.20136/

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.