• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How to encrypt voice on 8DR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igoruausa

BANNED
May 4, 2014
Hi everyone, I will be traveling in summer with family and I wanted to buy a pair of handheld radios for communication, we don't have licenses and won't get them, I used to work as EMT and have experience talking to MARS, but I don't have time or will to go through the trouble. Anyway so that we do not mess up anyone's transmissions over longer distances I was thinking of using voice encryption, college I attended had encrypted voice on all 4 bands they used

I need help getting the instructions on how to encrypt the voice for privacy issues as well as I don't want to interfere with military. (Country I go to hardly uses radios for emergencies, they use any frequency they want one time when I used regular walkie with 14 channels I got yelled at by police over the radio and another time by military, I don't want that to happen again, and if you're curious what country's military uses civilian band - Ukraine, though walkies were American )

First off what you want to do is most illegal for several reasons. No license is only one.

Simply encrypting is not going to prevent interference to others. All it will do is prevent YOU from hear THEM screaming at you for interfering with them with your illegal transmissions.

If the word you want to encrypt starts with a consonant or consonants, move them to the end of the word so it starts with a vowel. Put the removed consonants at the END of the word and add "ay".

If the word starts with a vowel, just add the "ay" to the end.

"Pig" would become "igpay", for example.
"Latin" becomes "atinlay".

Other useful words and phrases:

"On'tday ootshay!"
"I'may unarmeday!"
"Antway ootay uybay icenay adioray?"
"Elphay!"

This information is all TOP LEVEL SECRET, so ixnay on epeatingray. :whistle:

Reactions: 4 people
Dude, you are seriously uninformed on how radio works. The fact that you also want to operate without a license only makes you look worse.

First off what you want to do is most illegal for several reasons. No license is only one.

Simply encrypting is not going to prevent interference to others. All it will do is prevent YOU from hear THEM screaming at you for interfering with them with your illegal transmissions.

that sounds really counter intuitive, so encrypted radios can be heard by everyone on that frequency, but the encrypted radios can only hear other encrypted radios?

i am getting the radio one way or another and there is no stopping me, so either inform me how to properly use it without interfering or I will have to channel hop if anyone yells at me, I don't plan on discussing a book over it, its just few short messages every now and then or when we use rental cars etc. (let me worry about the legal factor, my agenda is not to interfere with guys like you)

Dude, you are seriously uninformed on how radio works. The fact that you also want to operate without a license only makes you look worse.
no offense, but do I really sound like I care what others think of me?

Why not just do it legally and get a pair of good radios that have privacy channels that aren't illegal, remember everything you transmit whether encrypted or not can be traced and is recorded by the FCC. I understand your want for the radios with encryption, but is it worth the legality for what you want to do with them?
My cobra walkie talkies, have several channels and sub channels, why not just get a pair of legal radios and not have to worry about getting in trouble if you get pulled over or something. JMO. God bless and good luck with your endeavor.

well unless they make 5W+ walkies i am still set on getting the transceiver

also I have a question, the dual channel, triple and quad channel radios, for dual channel you listen to 2 frequencies and talk over one and then quickly switch, if another party uses the opposite of your talking frequency, would you be able to talk directly like over the phone? I am not sure if im expressing myself clearly but here

ME C1 450.5 C2 452.5
You C1 452.5 C2 450.5
Would we be able to talk as if on the phone? or when talking on dual channel the second channel goes silent?

that sounds really counter intuitive, so encrypted radios can be heard by everyone on that frequency, but the encrypted radios can only hear other encrypted radios?

Proof positive you do not understand how radios operate. Whether or not a radio is encrypted the transmission can be heard on a non-encrypted radio even if it is heard as a data stream. It will still interfere with other users. They may not understand what is being said but the transmission will still be heard.

i am getting the radio one way or another and there is no stopping me, so either inform me how to properly use it without interfering or I will have to channel hop if anyone yells at me,
You have been told how to do it properly. You didn't like the answers.

I don't plan on discussing a book over it, its just few short messages every now and then or when we use rental cars etc. (let me worry about the legal factor, my agenda is not to interfere with guys like you)

no offense, but do I really sound like I care what others think of me?
The last line sums it up nicely. You come here asking for illegal advice in order to do God knows what and expect people to help you, people that have a license at stake? Glad you don't care what people think about you because I guarantee it is not flattering. Do what you want to. Evidently you plan to go ahead and do it anyway just don't expect anyone to aid and abet.

Reactions: 3 people
Proof positive you do not understand how radios operate. Whether or not a radio is encrypted the transmission can be heard on a non-encrypted radio even if it is heard as a data stream. It will still interfere with other users. They may not understand what is being said but the transmission will still be heard.

You come here asking for illegal advice in order to do God knows what

first of all i never claimed to understand in detail how anything works, and thank you for confirming that encrypted radios cannot be heard by others, I couldn't care less if anyone hears a stream of data, as long as nobody can read it

so from what ive read, the encryption should be done on the computer using a data cable, does anyone know if the yaesu software has the feature or would i need a 3rd party software?

oh and last, i think i was pretty clear on what i was gonna use it for, rather tell me if the dual channel works as i think it does, and could someone explain why yaesu i want to buy has quad channel? manual says by default its in dual mode, what could i do with 4?

I couldn't care less if anyone hears a stream of data, as long as nobody can read it

Just what encryption technology are you planning to use? You'd be far better off using codes or a more advanced form of pig-Latin.

You might hide from a few handies, but you will pique the interest of many more advanced observers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.