• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HP 1220 A oscilloscope

King Mudduck

FEAR THE DUCK!
May 6, 2005
285 South Western Virgina waving!
I just got this one for free from a family member who no longer used it and it works. I think i know what the answer will be but.....this thing cant be used for working with radio equipment can it? I'm thinking that since it's a 15 MHz (only info i could find said that it is 15 MHz ) that it cant but can it be changed some how so that it can be used? I'm planing on buying a used station monitor as well as a few other things ( if i can find one in my price range! ) once i can save enough money anyway but since this was a free bee i thought i would ask.

Thanks.

I just got this one for free from a family member who no longer used it and it works. I think i know what the answer will be but.....this thing cant be used for working with radio equipment can it? I'm thinking that since it's a 15 MHz (only info i could find said that it is 15 MHz ) that it cant but can it be changed some how so that it can be used? I'm planing on buying a used station monitor as well as a few other things ( if i can find one in my price range! ) once i can save enough money anyway but since this was a free bee i thought i would ask.

Thanks.

i have a 15 mhz also , its a BK Precision
it use it for a lot of things ,
signal tracing , looking at waveforms , etc
sometimes i hook it up to my guitar output
and watch the waveforms as i play :mellow:
ive repaired several pieces of my own radio gear
with it :D

Well at 15mhz you can use it for 20m and below. A 100mhz scope would be more useful, but why not play with what you got? Don't plug your radio output directly into the input of the scope! Make a small sampler to look at the output of your signal. If you need instructions, let us know and I'll post a homebrew that I did for the same purpose.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.