• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HR-2510 Driver and Final Transistor

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
does anyone know where I can get these or atleast the final itself??? I know there out of production and need one or is there an equivalant that can be used with the same results as whats in it?? I cant remember what the mrf final is thats in it 49?

Driver is 2SC2166, used as a final in smaller AM-only radios, and as the driver in nearly every SSB CB/10 meter radio.

Final is MRF477, which just gets more expensive as time passes since it was discontinued. No direct sub, and all indirect subs are inferior in one or more ways, even after modding the radio to accept them.

RF Parts has them from time to time. Westgate has them sometimes, as well.

The MRF497 sometimes pops up. It has the pins wired in the same oddball pattern, and is rated for more power. But because it has different drive characteristics, won't work as well as the stock 477 without modding the final circuit to suit it. If you just drop in the '497, you'll see a bit less power than the stock part gave you, despite the '497's higher power rating.

Just don't "drop in" a CB/10-meter type final, like 2SC1969 or 2312. The pins are wired in a different order. You'll have to cross legs on one of those to match the circuit board. Pretty sure you'll have to change a couple of capacitor values just to get normal power from those substitutes.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.