• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HR 2510 OUTPUT PROBLEMS

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
I have a 2510 that has been sitting because it wasnt working I hooked it up tonight and it worked great for about 1 1/2 - 2 hours then it didnt work again had no output power I could hear it in a monitor radio audio wise but as far as operation to the locals I was talking to it just fell on its face but recieve was fine . Anyone have any ideas whats going on with this radio??? Everyone said it sounded great so I figured it was working and while talking I looked up and guess what no meter movment as far as audio or power

Ok now today I plugged it in and it works so Ill see how long it works. Its deffinately an intermitent problem finals perhaps???

Im thinking its a bad final now to find a mrf-477 without giving up an arm or leg for it if thats possible lmao Im sure its not but Ill have to get one :roll:

Check this

You may want to check the Bias Diodes on both the Driver and final, I would also check the driver as well, If your getting full output when its working it may just be the 2SC2166 driver going bad. (lost cheaper to fix)

Is the Final heating up? (check the temp, also check the heatsink compound make sure its not dried up, becomming an insulator not a conductor of heat...)

Roger

now it wont output at all other than just the audio getting to a monitor radio so Im thinking the driver maybe ok If I rememebr right after sitting for several months it would work for a bit hour or so.can you PM your info if maybe I cant figure it out you can possibly take a crack at it??

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.