• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HR2510 clicking from microphone

Rogerbird1

Apr 24, 2002
Massachusetts
rogerbird.tripod.com
Hi,

Nope never run across that one before..

Has this radio been modified to remove Talkback?

If so I would check the mod.

If not, I would Check the 470uf inductors mounted on the Mic jack board, see if they are burnt.

Other than that, Check for voltage on the Mic jack pins, and verify all grounds are intact in the mic circuit.

I will investigate for further causes.

Roger

</p>

Hi,

Nope never run across that one before..

Has this radio been modified to remove Talkback?

If so I would check the mod.

If not, I would Check the 470uf inductors mounted on the Mic jack board, see if they are burnt.

Other than that, Check for voltage on the Mic jack pins, and verify all grounds are intact in the mic circuit.

I will investigate for further causes.

Roger

</p>

Hi Roger,

I thought of a problem i recently experienced on a radio i retuned and repaired, a HR2510, when the mic button is released the mic element clicks, as though it is getting a voltage spike, at the time I did not find anything (didn't look too hard though), just wondering if you have come across this before. so far the guy that owns it is very happy with the work I did but commented on the clicking, so i would like to fix this for him.

I found that the radio had been repaired before, new regulators on the CPU board, i found a resistor under the CPU board for the 26MHz expension which was shorting against the frame (probably why the reg. blew originally), also several cracked traces on the main PCB, the only problem I am aware of now is this clicking as it switches to RX, I tried another mic, no difference.

As a side comment, when I got this radio I found it was tuned off frequency, as the 22MHz crystal could not be tuned by the tuning inductor, i had to modify its circuit to bring it into tuning range, very weird, voltage checked OK.

I have worked on a few HR's in the past 6 months, they seem to be beginning to fail, probably due to their age.

The Defpom

www.radiomods.co.nz/

www.TheDefpom.com

www.s-and-m-software.com</p>

Hi Roger,

I thought of a problem i recently experienced on a radio i retuned and repaired, a HR2510, when the mic button is released the mic element clicks, as though it is getting a voltage spike, at the time I did not find anything (didn't look too hard though), just wondering if you have come across this before. so far the guy that owns it is very happy with the work I did but commented on the clicking, so i would like to fix this for him.

I found that the radio had been repaired before, new regulators on the CPU board, i found a resistor under the CPU board for the 26MHz expension which was shorting against the frame (probably why the reg. blew originally), also several cracked traces on the main PCB, the only problem I am aware of now is this clicking as it switches to RX, I tried another mic, no difference.

As a side comment, when I got this radio I found it was tuned off frequency, as the 22MHz crystal could not be tuned by the tuning inductor, i had to modify its circuit to bring it into tuning range, very weird, voltage checked OK.

I have worked on a few HR's in the past 6 months, they seem to be beginning to fail, probably due to their age.

The Defpom

www.radiomods.co.nz/

www.TheDefpom.com

thanks fo the pointers, I dont have the radio here, as I had completed the work I was asked to do, but if i can find a cause I may ask him for it back to get to the bottom of it, I must sit down as see if there is anythingI can see from the schematics that may help too, hopefully I can get the problem sorted out, when i do I will let you know what I found.

from memory i think the radio still has talk back fitted...

I will keep you posted.

The Defpom

www.radiomods.co.nz/

www.TheDefpom.com

thanks fo the pointers, I dont have the radio here, as I had completed the work I was asked to do, but if i can find a cause I may ask him for it back to get to the bottom of it, I must sit down as see if there is anythingI can see from the schematics that may help too, hopefully I can get the problem sorted out, when i do I will let you know what I found.

from memory i think the radio still has talk back fitted...

I will keep you posted.

The Defpom

www.radiomods.co.nz/

www.TheDefpom.com

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.