• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HR2510 Display

Check the caps and also check the voltage regulators on the CPU board to see if the glue under them is dry and shorting them, check for proper voltage.
This same glue when dried out can eat away the fine traces on the board beneath the glue.
Sometimes just carefully lifting the regulators from the glue will bring the display back to life, but it is a very good idea to carefully remove all the glue under them and examine the fine traces under it.
As I have said many times before, these radios are good little rigs, but they are getting old, and showing signs of age........

Jeff

I had 5 of these, now just 3, and each one had a different reason for the display being out. Caps on the CPU board, caps on the display board, regulator, glue corroded traces, diode. There are a few threads I posted in with some good tips. But as has been said, look at the glue traces, check the regulators and caps, reseat all the connectors on the CPU board.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.