• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HR2510 Receive problem I can not find.

Low_Boy

Jan 21, 2010
Rochester N.Y.
I needed a challenge and think this radio is winning. I have had this sitting for about 8 years and figured I would try it. I have no history on it. It had a bad audio amp TDA1905 Bad Final and driver. R157 cooked and a few of the caps that usually go when the final goes. I see no modifications in this radio so I do not know how how all those parts went bad. The radio is now transmitting.

The problem I have no receive and full S meter when plugged in. I forgot to mention this was half stuck in transmit and replacing a bad transistor Q136 partially solved that problem.

So voltages on IC104 check good I would guess. voltages are a bit high but same ratio on RX and TX.
Q134, 124, 125, 127, all good. D147 and D24 and D25 good and 2 diodes on swr board D151 and D152 good.
I also just in case tried a different CPU board and same thing so I assume no problems there.

So whatever shorted out all those parts possibly reverse polarity plug in or lightning shorted another part but I am not sure where else to look. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks.

since you mentioned it was half stuck on TX, I would check the TX/RX pin diodes..these are the main relay on this radio

Funny thing is none of the coils are burnt or none of the disc capacitors in the back of the radio are burnt like I usually see. So when ever this happened the radio must have been receiving and not in transmit.

Codecx box I will check the pin diodes. Normally the bad pin diodes I have seen will amplify the signal so bad everything is muffled. So hopefully these are not letting signal get through. I will post my findings.
Thanks

Reactions: codecxbox
Very cool!

And very rare. Pretty sure the only times we have changed that part is after a lightning surge. And not for some time. Got in the habit of recommending that lightning damage should "total" the radio, in light of hidden faults that arise down the line.

And if you have trouble tracking that one down, the original type number was "LM324". Same part, older number.

FIXED...
Pin diodes tested good. Q101 and Q102 tested good. So I got looking on the block Diagram and schematic some more and decided it may be IC101. Voltages were crazy off. Replaced IC101 and I now have great receive.
Thanks for help and advice.
Im glad you got this! 73!

Reactions: Handy Andy

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated