• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HR2510 transmit toreceive delay problem?

Dave239

Feb 15, 2016
Birlington, Ontario, Canada
I Have a friend with a 2510 that has a problem with a slow delay after he unkeys his mic before the receive starts working( 1-2 seconds). Changed his microphone with no difference. Any ideas wheat the issue might be?

Hate to say it, but most likely a cap problem. Unless that radio has been recapped, then all sorts of problems are there w/o even being aware of them. Case in point: had the speaker in the HR2510 I am presently working on get real hot for no apparent reason. Turned out to be a failed capacitor that shorted outright. These radios are now 35 years old and not getting better with age.

Best bet is to locate the electrolytic cap(s) in the keying circuit and just replace them.

http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/uniden/hr_2510/graphics/hr2510_sch_sheet1.gif

Good grief this is a common problem. If you use google you can find the answer in less than 10 minutes if my memory serves me correctly.

Is he running an amplifier when this happens? Could be the SSB delay function of the amplifier if he is in AM mode.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.