• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HR2600 & HTX-100

ETXcummins

Mar 10, 2018
Hello all:

Well, I guess I am full swing back into this hobby! There goes my money, haha. Anyway, I just picked up two radios on the HR2510 platform today, a Realistic HTX-100 and a President HR2600. Both made in the Philippines and both extremely clean with only very minor cosmetic scratches. These radios have clearly been taken care of. I picked them both up at a gas station in Fort Worth for $50 total!

Anyway, heres the negative. Both are in need of repairs. The gentleman who sold them to me was a radio hobbyist as well and was very honest about them. He said he is unsure what could be wrong with them, but neither transmit or receive correctly. So, here is the point of my long winded post:

Is there still anyone reputable out there that can repair these radios and get them back to working order? I do not want them hacked. No echo or peaking or any of that craziness. These radios are just for my personal collection and I just want them back in working order. I know there used to be a few guys around the country who were "experts" in these radios. Can you guys recommend anyone?

I'd love to get these into the hands of one of those old radio geniuses so he could make them well again! Even if they never do work again, I'm excited to have them on the radio shelf!

73's,
Brandon

Attachments

• radios1.jpg
    radios1.jpg
    682.5 KB · Views: 121

i think rogerbird is the one to go to,,, if the finals are out it will have to be hacked or find a donor radio for parts,,,

thank you sir. I have heard that name before, so yes, i will try to reach out to rogerbird and go from there. I'd be willing for a hack to get them performing again. just not looking for truckstop CB shop B.S. if you know what I mean.

Thanks again,
B

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.