• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hrd And Ts-590

Mudfoot

Elmer
Jun 17, 2009
Southeast Ohio
Anyone using latest version of HRD with the Kenwood TS-590?

I am using the evaluation copy right now. I thought HRD would control the internal tuner, Instead, I can only induce a carrier, for like using an external tuner.

Am I overlooking something?

Although it was once my favorite Ham software, I haven't used HRD in a while. I can't answer your question, but can you tell us what you think of the new HRD?

I also Use HRD the free eval.. vers 5.24.0.38, The rig is a TS 570D(G) (Older vers of TS590).. I can use the ATU in HRD to tune the rig.. See if you have same controls in upper right of Radio view as I do Circled in yellow.. My problem is connecting to radio Have to do it manual everytime WILL NOT connect on its own (auto connect) Never a problem with my TS 690

Hope this helped

Attachments

• HRD.png
    HRD.png
    199.4 KB · Views: 252
I used it once before, many years ago. I can't really give my impression on it now, except this tuner issue bugs me. Other than that, it looks to be pretty handy.

I have the buttons that you have circled, but clicking tune does nothing.

I sent an email about this issue. Here's the response:

Thank you for contacting us.
Speaking directly with the programmers, here is how it should work:
There are two buttons associated with the auto tuner. One labeled "Tune" (to be called Tuner in a future update) toggles the Auto Tuner on and off. The TX Tune button activates the auto tuner and initiates the tuning sequence.
If you do not see the "TX Tune" button on the rig control, let me know and I will explain how to add it.

When I click "TX Tune" it just induces a carrier until you click it again. Does not trigger internal tuner.

Hope you get it figured out. I have my new rig hooked up to the last HRD beta version via FT-2000 and it works. But here's a weird thing... HRD won't activate unless the rig is on. (Remember we are both looking for remote solutions)? So I have to use the Yaesu software to turn the rig on, and then fire up HRD. I guess I can't gripe, since I'm using free software. I'm currently using LOG4OM, and it's working good (via FT-2000 as well... apparently Yaesu's CAT commands are the same for most of their rigs). I'll continue to look for something that I can use remotely, but I'm afraid that wifi speed constraints will really kill my fun in the end. If I find something that works, I'll let you know.

Brett

Maybe I'll have to purchase the latest version of this to use with my Elecraft K3. I really liked the way it worked the digital modes. I held of purchasing it because of the reported issues with the Elecraft KX3, but perhaps things have changed for the better?

I used it once before, many years ago. I can't really give my impression on it now, except this tuner issue bugs me. Other than that, it looks to be pretty handy.

I have the buttons that you have circled, but clicking tune does nothing.

I sent an email about this issue. Here's the response:

Thank you for contacting us.
Speaking directly with the programmers, here is how it should work:
There are two buttons associated with the auto tuner. One labeled "Tune" (to be called Tuner in a future update) toggles the Auto Tuner on and off. The TX Tune button activates the auto tuner and initiates the tuning sequence.
If you do not see the "TX Tune" button on the rig control, let me know and I will explain how to add it.

When I click "TX Tune" it just induces a carrier until you click it again. Does not trigger internal tuner.

I'm wondering that you may see the button there, but they may have to add the code to make it work? At least they give you 30 days to try it out before dropping 100 bucks.

Brett

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.