• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HTX100

D

DanManDMC

I recently acquired a HTX100 Realistic 10 meter rig. Is there any way to convert it to 26 to 30 mhz and have it run lower side band? Also, can it be converted to run 11 meters on AM/LSB/USB. I what I am looking to make it do is transmit and recieve on the normal 40 CB channels on am lsb and usb. Probably too much to ask, but thought I would give it a try. Thanks Danny

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=danmandmc>DanManDMC </A> at: 4/8/03 3:46:57 pm

as far as i know...what you see is what you get w/those!!

someone else may know something i don't,and may chime

in here? i believe that's why they were such short lived rigs.

good luck,slim

slimsig.gif
</p>

sorry dan;thanks paul!!! i was surfin' around and found all that info after i replied to dans post.i just spent the last 20 min.s lookin' for the post and,POOF,you done did it!! good man,sir! good luck,SLIM

slimsig.gif
</p>

Realistic HTX100

My friend john has one of these rigs and it has been modified to work the cb band. How this was done I don't know as it done before he bought it. This radio is a close relation of the President Lincoln, HR2510 and HR2600 family of rigs without FM so the best person to talk to is Rogerbird. Roger has a website at http://rogerbird.tripod.com Roger is also a forum member here otherwise doc at doc's electronics may be able to help.
A the top of Rogers home page there is a link to Htx 100 modifications. Hope this info helps.
Murray

I picked up one of these critters rather cheap recently. Though my attempts to modify it for extended TX as per mods.dk and every other identical mod file, do not cause any change. It still operates as per normal 28-30MHz.

Anybody else had this problem or is there a version that the standard mod does not work on ?

This section is for Amateur Radio. You are asking for mods to make the radio illegal to work outside the ham bands. That would not be an amateur radio discussion.

I don't think I'm to stay on this site any longer given the amount of illegal mods people put here and freely talk about. This isn't an amateur radio section. It's illegal modification of ham gear section and you hams who give out this information are a disgrace to those of us who try to operate within the FCC rules for
Amateur Radio.

Just an FYI, every year the ARRL has a military day and one of the frequencies that can be made contact on is 27.520 USB I believe

bandaid kid said:
This section is for Amateur Radio. You are asking for mods to make the radio illegal to work outside the ham bands. That would not be an amateur radio discussion.

But just because I am modifying the radio to do something that would be considered illegal in your part of the world, doesn't mean to say that it is in my part or that I intend to do anything illegal with it. My mere possesion of the radio in question might be illegal in some cases.

If you want to go by local rules of the forum location that is fine by me, I support that fully.
But the radio is being used with a transverter which I have been developing for our new licence class. It's being modified so that the resultant frequency is 'in' the ham bands, not out.
The issue isn't one of frequency modification, the point is kind of moot given that the link to the illegal mod is already elsewhere in this thread. I only ask if anybody has encountered a problem with a known technique.
It would be a shame to deny new hams access to a band because somebody thought the boogyman might get them.

good point, there are transverter kits that need to be in the 27 mhz range for the kit to operate on 2 meter or 20 meter I think I seen one for 6 meter also, TEN TEC makes some of these kits

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.