• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Huge 6 meter opening 7-12-06

W4GSK

Jul 7, 2006
Virginia
I heard there was a huge 6 meter opening yesterday.
Magic Band does it's thing
Of course, I was no where near my radio!
icon_mad.gif

Anyone else catch it?

Nope, didn't catch it. Although last nite DX to the south pacific on 20m was pretty good.

I read about that today. 6 is open right now. I am receiving a lot of Fl. I just heard my first "fight" on a Ham band. Surprized me. They sounded like the fights you hear on 38 lsb. I guess some locals were rachetjawing on the call freq when others were trying to contact.

I did have some short skip on 6m last nite but didn't have the great opening the east coast had into europe,i'm still waiting for europe :D Although i can say this has been a great year so far on 6m,since may15th i have over 75 logged contacts. Many double hops into the east coast and north to Canada. I highly recommend 6m DX to anyone.....it's not like 20m which is like shooting fish in a barrel ........but it's more like 10m when band is open. Good luck to all on 6 meters.
BTW Ron 50.125 is a U.S.A. DX call freq and any ham operator should know once contact has been made you should QSY to another freq. .........this is just good amateur practice.
Other DX call frequencies are:
50.110 international DX call
50.150 Europe DX call
73,Stu

I am sorry I missed that :x

I know that sporadic E has been very active and check 6m but that sounds like a real fun event.

I have said this before and don't repeat it to boast, but rather to let people know the capabilities of 6 meters.
I worked a station in Portugal with about 50 watts on sideband a few years ago, and have worked maybe 20 different states from Connecticut to California.

It is still a thrill for me to work DX like that at 50 mhz. :shock:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.