• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hybrid for 11 meters.

PA629

Jan 22, 2007
NW PA
Was wondering if anyone here has ever made a quagi for 11 meters? I'm in the process of putting up a 2nd tower with a horizontally polarized beam to go along with the vertical quad I have now and was considering the hybrid design. A local years back was attempting to add directors to a PDL2, but as I recall, he ran into a lot of problems. In the past, I did make a VHF quagi to use on the marine band that worked fine, but then VHF and UHF quagi's are common. Just curious if anybody's tried one on HF before. I suppose I could just put up the ol' tried and true 4 element yagi, but where's the sense of adventure in that?? :) Comments anyone?

Oh, I think you'll find that they are not uncommon at all. How well do they work? About as well as a similar yagi.
- 'Doc

I used a VHF first then used an antenna tuner on it for CB it worked local so I built one for CB a reflector and driven fill wave quad with two 1/4 Yagi directors worked as good as the neighbors moon raker. The next one I liked better it had a folded reflector and driven quad or dipole not sure which it is called with three 1/2 wave Yagi directors instead of the 1/4 wave like on the first Quagi.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.