• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I am a Redneck, are you?

Lol,

When I was 19 or so, I was to report to Belle Chasse Naval Air Station for a few months of training. I drove down a few days early to look for housing. I got lost, pulled into a parking lot when I saw a US Mail truck. I asked the guy how to get to the place. When he replied, I was like, WTF did he just say. My first encounter with Creole.

I thanked him, left and found a black dude that spoke jive.

:laugh: ha ha

My first impression of New Orleans was seeing all these burnt out rimless cars sitting on cinder blocks.

My second strange impression in the Quarter was scoping out what I thought were some hot chicks that turned out to be Ladyboys.

I sure had a damn good time living there. I had a small apartment just off Bourbon Street. Got drunk damn near every night and ate like a king.

And no, the good times did not involve the ladyboys.

Me and a few guy drove over from Fort Hood in '84 for the World's Fair. Had fun, but was a cluster getting around.

I loved Louisiana, great state.

Had a friend who went down to NO to work on the off shore oil rigs....he spent all his money drinkin in the bars.....got so bad he was living in bunkhouses behind the bars....he finally wired his dad for money to come home...said the place was killin him. :laugh:

I loved it there and would like to go back down soon.

I've been stationed many places, but the best bar fights were always in NO and El Paso.

My body's DNA must have been tuned for Louisiana cooking. Almost worth taking a road trip just to chow down.

I know a bunch of registered democrats who fall into that category too.
Charlie Daniels and Ted Nugent are considered rednecks by some people but they sure did what they could to cowardly dodge military service.

Last edited:
Lol,

When I was 19 or so, I was to report to Belle Chasse Naval Air Station for a few months of training. I drove down a few days early to look for housing. I got lost, pulled into a parking lot when I saw a US Mail truck. I asked the guy how to get to the place. When he replied, I was like, WTF did he just say. My first encounter with Creole.

I thanked him, left and found a black dude that spoke jive.

Lols!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.