• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I bought a drone - aka quad copter

RatsoW8

Supporting Member, W9WDX ARC Member - WD8T
Nov 3, 2009
West Central Michigan
On a whim while I was at Radio Shack for a fuse. It was on sale for Fathers Day and has a really crappy camera. Most fun ever!! I am beyond being entertained by this thing and already ordered another one (with a better camera anyway). I crashed it about 10 times before I found the right touch to get it to hover a few feet above the ground. At one point I fudged the throttle into full and the thing literally was a speck in the sky above me... I had to make myself stop laughing just to get it back down, i.e. throttle off crash through the trees. It survived intact :)

We need a drone forum!

Reactions: Tallman

Sounds like fun! I want one I can fly in. Have you seen the commercial where they are air racing through an obstacle course? The pilots are wearing 3D head gear and you can see how they freak out when they crash. They use blue tooth for the signal to the goggles.

Last edited:
Reactions: RatsoW8
Did you get the model that uses a cellphone to control it?
Or are you planning to jam everyone up on 11m - ?
lol

No cell phone control but based on my past escapades with other hobbies I would say that after one more cheap drone and some practice I'll buy one with a few bells and whistles.

All the manual says is that it complies with FCC part 15. I'll have to build an interface for the the kl-203..lol

Reactions: Robb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.