• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I finally used something from all the chemistry class's I have had to take....

ElectronTubesRule

Sep 6, 2011
So I am on ebay looking at wire wound resistors oh my is there ever a lot to dig through........So what do I come across parts out of Taiwan wait for it wait for it...here it come......5W 10Kj that would be 10 kiloJouls........So I actually had a reason to set it up as a conversion factor and solve it......So some of that stuff comes in handy!! LOL.......Never mind it is being used at home for a hobby and not work or school related.....LOL The bad thing about chemistry is that now I can make most of the stuff I used to buy!!! LOL I have to say while taking 5 different chemistry class's and their labs I thought I would never use any of the stuff we did in the first two class's which where math heavy!!! My personal Doctor is also my friend and he took 9 different chemistry class's in college and he told me since he has been practicing medicine the only thing he learned in those class's that he still use's is converting lbs. to kilograms because doses are usually given in x milligrams per kilogram of body weight.

I will say this I am fantastic in a lab setting but I always chose my lab partners based on their math skills because if I make a mistake it is always in my math!!! I always wanted to have someone better then myself checking and rechecking my number's.

The point though was that I actually used something I learned in chemistry to do something practical outside of the academic setting!!!LOL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?