• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I hope he got the insurance.

It's all about ball weight, not enough weight on your balls , you are screwed.
Too much weight on your balls your screwed again.
Get your ball weight balanced and avoid problems.

Jeff

Several years ago I went to Prince Edward Island to pick up a decommissioned RCA BTA-1S one kilowatt AM broadcast transmitter. We laid it down on the trailer after taking the plate and modulation transformers as well as the modulation reactor out. We put them on the back of the trailer and soon realized that was a mistake. Together they weighed about 300 pounds but it was enough to put a negative weight on the hitch. Anything over about 40 mph and the death wobble would start. We stopped and moved them all the way forward to the front and continued the long drive home. 70 mph and not a problem after that. We misjudged the weight distribution on the trailer.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I thought it was great from a humor point of view....

I was on I 40 over in New Mexico not to long ago, and came up on a Tacoma pulling a UHaul that was literally scary to pass.
I just knew she was gonna lose the ass of that pickup and cross it up in front of me before I could get past.

It's scary
Up here by Yosemite it is rental RV's that provide the most fighting episodes of road stupidity.
There should be a 147 question test on the rental agreements.

Flat Landers, what ya gonna do? Lol

Jeff

And all too often they do the worst thing possible...........hit the brakes. My trailer in the above mentioned event did not have trailer brakes as it was just a light home made utility trailer and I just sped up slightly to get things stable again THEN slowed down gently. I had a large tent trailer start to sway one time on a highway that had deep travel ruts in the pavement. I just reached down and activated the manual lever on the electric trailer brakes without touching the trucks brakes. Instantly stabilized. Too many simple panic and slam on the brakes which is a recipe for disaster.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated