• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I just got a Vintage Turner SR90D, any info?

Cityboy

Dec 25, 2008
I just got a really nice vintage Turner microphone that is all stainless steel on the outside and has model # SR90D. I think I have seen others refer to it as the 90 D or just like a Collins microphone. Any help would be apprecitated; I plan to make it usable in a 4 pin configuration for my General Lee if possible. Maybe some of you have run across this one, I believe it was manufactured around 1959-1960's. If you have any specs or owners manual you can pdf I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Just got the mic in and it is very good condition and is very much vintage. It has a tension PTT switch with 4 long metal bands that disconnect and reconnect as you pust the PTT switch. The element is an Astatic 3-62 ceramic element that is heat and moisture resistant it says. It is a 4 wire hookup. 1 red, 1 black, 1 shield and 1 white. Any help would be helpful. I did find it in a 1972 turner microphone catalog.

I just got a really nice vintage Turner microphone that is all stainless steel on the outside and has model # SR90D. I think I have seen others refer to it as the 90 D or just like a Collins microphone. Any help would be apprecitated; I plan to make it usable in a 4 pin configuration for my General Lee if possible. Maybe some of you have run across this one, I believe it was manufactured around 1959-1960's. If you have any specs or owners manual you can pdf I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

The Turner SR90D is a Hi Impeadance Mic about 50K Ohms. It is not a good Mic for CB. It is best used on Old Tube Ham Radios. Collins sold the Mic in the
60's and 70's with their own name on it and called it the MM1.
Stan K6RMR

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.