• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I need a REAL tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper3360

Jan 9, 2021
It seems that CB shops have become few and far between. Techs are even more rare these days and with CB coming back that really is a shame. I need a genuine tech who has all the equipment and knows how to really line out and match up a radio and amp.

Reactions: Eldorado828

An honest, respectful, not arrogant or egotistical real tech is even more of a rare find. There are a couple in here but it would be up to them as I won't throw names and volunteer them.

I've recently used Matt from radio garage and he does good work. Getting in line is another matter.

Superior cb is another one that others here have reported well about

There's a tech in my area that does excellent work but he's old school so doesn't advertise or do web stuff. He would once do it if you shipped it and included your own return label. Dr. Bob at South Plains Electronics in Lubbock TX. He's a veteran, has a picture in his shop with a trailer mounted radio amplifier he had something to do with in the military. Pretty stand up guy.

About all the help I can give you.

I can echo Matt at Radio Garage. He restored (caps, align, etc) a Cobra 138XLR a couple months ago. Turned out superb, certainly new or better. That is my only experience. Shipping from VA to PA was reasonable. Good turn around time.

It seems that CB shops have become few and far between. Techs are even more rare these days and with CB coming back that really is a shame. I need a genuine tech who has all the equipment and knows how to really line out and match up a radio and amp.

What radio and amp do you have? What were wanting to have done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.