• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I passed the technician exam today

KD2GOE

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
May 30, 2013
Buffalo
I was varey nervous and felt i had not studied enough. but I made it he asked me if I wanted to go for the general but I told him I wasn't ready for it yet. I would like to hit the books lol harder

Reactions: 5 people

Congrats!! Don,t rush into the General Class ticket, enjoy your radio's for a
while because it's customary to give your radios away to the first extra-class
op you meet if he treats you right when you become a General!!

p.s. I think you're awesome!!<More audio>

Congratulations! Glad you made Tech. It's a lot of fun, especially when 10 meters is cookin'. Unfortunately, it's been pretty dead lately... all the more reason to study for General and get more bands. (y)

Brett

Thanks guys
I do want to get my General Class ticke but do to the size of my yard putting up a 40/80 meters is going to be hard... i will be working 10, 6 and 2 mostly.

Yep, Good going. Now get that General. Its a whole defferent beast when you are opened up to all the new freq's. Tech is fun but Gen. Is grand! Dont worry about 40/80m right away. With Gen you can still have a lot of fun at the higher band and go a lot more places. A fan Dipole you make that will do 20 thru 10 including 17 and 12 can get you a lot. I dont work 40/80m because of my bed time plus 80m is so damn noisy.

Glad to have you aboard!

License

Congrats ... Watch the FCC list come next Friday - my upgrade was posted in 5 days

And agree on studying for the General..

Gerry

I was very nervous and felt i had not studied enough. but I made it he asked me if I wanted to go for the general but I told him I wasn't ready for it yet. I would like to hit the books lol harder
When I passed my Technician Class License Exam,
It took 6 weeks before my call sign appeared in
The License URL web site.
By that time, I had already passed the General
and was attempting to take my Amateur Extra.

It shouldn't take you more then 2 weeks from the time you passed your Technician until you pass your General if you read the book and study the material.

Reactions: 1 person
Congratulations ..
You might want to check out an app for a smart phone or a pc called Echolink ..it's free and turns your cell or pc into a uhf/vhf radio with voip .

It's linked to repeaters all over the world and to other hams as well .

Enjoy the hobby and hope to catch you on the air one day

KE5OWA

I started working on a 2 meter j-pole i hope to have it up soon just need some brass hardware to make tunning stubs

My frend pointed out to me that they expanded 10meter phone??

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.