• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I Sure Hate Doing A New Installation.......

psycho

Running a special on our rooms!
Aug 25, 2006
Floriduh
I gave my small pickup to my son so I had an excuse to buy this! Let the procrastination begin!!!!
2014 F150 5.0/auto STX trim package.

Attachments

• 4a11b080ff644f8e981454253db0996f.jpg
    4a11b080ff644f8e981454253db0996f.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 35

I hear ya. I bought a new Toyota Tundra Crew max two years ago and it is still without radio gear. I want at least 2m/70cm and would like HF as well.My dilemma has been antenna mounting locations. Can't do a roof mount because of the power sunroof . Can't do a stake hole mount due to the tonneau cover. Will not even consider a hitch mount as they are a poor excuse for a poor excuse for HF and I use the hitch fairly often anyway. An extension off the bumper is a possibility for HF but not really appealing for VHF. I should have it figured out by the time I trade it in. :LOL:

Reactions: binrat
I am not going to wait 2 years....just until the new car smell goes away.
At least there are no truck payments and my insurance actually came down a tad.
I thought about a Nissan Frontier or Toyota Tacoma but the Ford was only $500 more and has the same EPA fuel economy rating.
Car dealers really get somber when you have no trade in to get raped on.

I am not going to wait 2 years....just until the new car smell goes away.
At least there are no truck payments and my insurance actually came down a tad.
I thought about a Nissan Frontier or Toyota Tacoma but the Ford was only $500 more and has the same EPA fuel economy rating.
Car dealers really get somber when you have no trade in to get raped on.

To be truthfull mobile radio operation is not important to me any more. There was a time when I spent a LOT of time on the road but now work is only four minutes from home, hardly enough time to make a single contact.

Last edited:
Your gonna love driving that truck. I bought a new 2014 F-150 XLT 4x4 about three weeks ago and I still go out at night sometimes and just sit in it :) I'm used to driving small cars and trucks so the F-150 is awesome. Can't wait to drive it to the coast of NC in two weeks.

I'm jealous two of you got some sweet Ford P/U trucks lately I replaced mine with a Mitsubishi Mighty Max about 5 years ago to save on fuel ... Epic Fail I bang my head at least once a week getting in that thing .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated