• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I think i'm loosing my mind

trailrider

Jul 22, 2012
when i first joined this forum i asked a question about my uniden grant. we determined it was the third generation grant because it looks like the president grant. now i bought this radio new back in the late 80's maybe 90 i don't remember. to my knowledge i have never had this radio worked on. out of curiousity i took the cover off it today to see what it looked like inside. to my surprise i found dual mitsubishi sc1969 finals in this unit. did these radios come like this or have i had this radio worked on before and don't remember it???? it's hell to get old.

If it looks like the President Grant, but has dual finals, it's the President Grant DX. Keep that radio, those are very nice. It should have a lo/mid/hi switch on the front, and a heatsink in the back, if memory serves me right.

~Cheers~

If it looks like the President Grant, but has dual finals, it's the President Grant DX. Keep that radio, those are very nice. It should have a lo/mid/hi switch on the front, and a heatsink in the back, if memory serves me right.

~Cheers~

thankyou very much for the reply. but this radio has no hi/mid/ low switch and does not have a heat sink on the back. the back is no different than a normal cb radio. but it has 2 sc1969's sitting side by side in the back of the unit. shocked the snot out of me. and even after thinking about this all day' I still do not remember ever having this radio worked on. were sc1969's even around back then???

ok guys i solved my mystery. looking from the front to the back the transistor on the left side turns out to be a 2166 the one on the right is a 1969. it's so old that i had to remove it and get a bright LED light and a big magnafieing glass and just the right angle to be able to read it. that sounds right. I feel better now' I knew this radio had never been worked on.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.