• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I think I'm ready

It shouldn't matter what order the questions are in if you actually learned the material. If you simply matched up the answers to the questions however then you may have a bit of a problem.

It shouldn't matter what order the questions are in if you actually learned the material. If you simply matched up the answers to the questions however then you may have a bit of a problem.

true.... so very true. I have been taking randomized tests online as well and have been around 94 or so consistently.... there are just a few that I get mixed up on from time to time....my getting older I guess ;)

just going to keep plugging away at it and give it a go.

I do have a question though. Are the answers in a different order on the actual test than they were on the online practice exams? It has been a while since I took my Tech and I am studied up and "ready" for my general but I can remember if they are in the same order or not.

The answers will not appear in the same order if the exam generation software is working correctly. Also, the exam software I use gives me the option not to print the question pool number with the question and answer set. Count on the answers and questions being verbatim but not in any expected order.

Hopefully it wont make that much of a difference.

If you're only studying the Q&A for rote memorization, then it may make a difference. If you're using other reference materials as your source of study and using the practice exams to check for understanding, then you should be fine.

I am also toying with studying up on the extra and taking that at the same time. Will have to see what I can pull off in the next couple of weeks before I go take the general.

Most exam groups will allow taking the next element upon passage of a lower element. When you pass your General, do take your Extra.

Good luck!

congratulations on passing both.
I missed 1 on the tech and 2 on the general.
I've been toying with taking the extra this winter as I have a lot of time on my hands at this time. I know I will need to go back and read the tech and general again to remind myself of most of it then go with the extra studying.

The answers will not appear in the same order if the exam generation software is working correctly. Also, the exam software I use gives me the option not to print the question pool number with the question and answer set. Count on the answers and questions being verbatim but not in any expected order.

If you're only studying the Q&A for rote memorization, then it may make a difference. If you're using other reference materials as your source of study and using the practice exams to check for understanding, then you should be fine.

Most exam groups will allow taking the next element upon passage of a lower element. When you pass your General, do take your Extra.

Good luck!

thanks for the input. I did "lite" reading and have been using the practice exams to re-enforce what I know. The software I have been using has been randominzing the question groups and such so I dont know what section they are coming from, if that makes sense. I have an app on the iphone that will also allow me to randomize the answers as well so I have started doing that as well. thanks again for the input!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.