• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I thought this was pretty cool!

Ryan09

May 8, 2010
Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
Hey folks,

I came across this in my email and thought it might be of interest to folks here.
I did a search here and didn't find anything relating to this so I thought I'd post it here.
(If in fact this is old news, please disregard.)

A new company starting up with an attachment for a smart phone that turns it into a multi band band HT.
The quote below I copied from Gizmag.

"DxB works on VHF, UHF, and 800Mhz, plus it can also use the cellular signal in a device to expand the range to anywhere in the world using the Radio-Over-IP repeater feature."

Alianza DXB ::: Smartphone Docking Walkie-Talkie
Alianza DxB turns your smartphone into a multi-band walkie-talkie

Cheers
Ry'

Or more commonly called VOIP, or IRLP, it's been around for a number of years. Some cell phones will do it all by their selves. That VOIP is also what's used with most voice 'chatrooms'.
- 'Doc

It's more than IRLP or VOIP. The device will function on VHF, UHF and 800 MHz without the phone even being turned on. The phones active data connectivity enhances this devices abilities, but is not necessary.

IAW, it's a fully functional VHF, UHF and 800 MHz HT that will work without the phone. The phone's data just gives it an IP relay gateway for unlimited range capabilities.

Pretty neat stuff.

Thanks for posting.

Last edited:
It's a radio all by itself. It does not actually require a phone to work.

Looks promising for many different private and public uses. A local intranet work be useful. If'n I had the money, I'd invest in this.

Alas, I'm just a poor retired public servant. :(

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.