• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I want a 100 amp power supply

psycho

Running a special on our rooms!
Aug 25, 2006
Floriduh
http://www.xforceamps.com/category/Power-Supplies-28

I was looking at these at X Force and the one I want is a bit under $400 and it's regulated variable voltage.
I was OK with it until I spotted the word "switching" since most people say switching power supplies are cheap crap.
Anyone know anything about these X Force power supplies.
I do know 3 people who bought 100 amp switching power supplies from Ebay and they died miserable deaths after 2 months when running a 4 pill by it's self. The supplies were rated 80 amp continuous and 100 amp peak......seems more than enough for keying a 4 pill 30 seconds or less.

Last edited:

http://www.xforceamps.com/category/Power-Supplies-28

I was looking at these at X Force and the one I want is a bit under $400 and it's regulated variable voltage.
I was OK with it until I spotted the word "switching" since most people say switching power supplies are cheap crap.
Anyone know anything about these X Force power supplies.
I do know 3 people who bought 100 amp switching power supplies from Ebay and they died miserable deaths after 2 months when running a 4 pill by it's self. The supplies were rated 80 amp continuous and 100 amp peak......seems more than enough for keying a 4 pill 30 seconds or less.
i want one too that will power a texas star 667v

Reactions: Oatmeal
Theres issues with some of the computer switching supplied nowdays with a little to alot of hash and trash noise in some cases but theres a filter you can build and add for$10.00 that will get rid of any receive static hash. I hated switching supplies until I bought my little 40 amp MegaWatt supply to run my portable travel setup its inexpensive and no noise and it lasts but I also dont beat the p!$$ out of it and tax it everytime I keyup.

My problem however is knowing how inexpensive it cost to make them and yet MFJ aswell as other big names will put $300.00 and up price tags on them. I love seeing people converting and selling these switching supplies for 1/4 the price on ebay I hope the big names take a good hit and rethink their pricing. Heck Ebay you cn get any amp and voltage you need for way less than Ameritron and MFJ ask.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.